what is the max BOOST for d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that dyno does not relate to what they refer to the power is that of a petrol engine i was suspicious and looking at the dyno chart it is that of a nissan maxima it clearly states on it any dyno report will have the type of car on it such as mine

Attachments

• img-211133216-0001.jpg
    img-211133216-0001.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 126
Is it safe to run a few extra PSI without a chip?

I recently installed a boost gauge as I didn't trust what the Torque app was reading and found that my YD25 was running less than factory 16PSI. Have used a tee to up the boost to 18/19 PSI and it drives much nicer, boost comes on earlier and a bit more torque all through the rev range. My EGR is blocked and cat is gone, so that should help reduce EGTs a bit?

Is it safe to run a few extra PSI without a chip?

I recently installed a boost gauge as I didn't trust what the Torque app was reading and found that my YD25 was running less than factory 16PSI. Have used a tee to up the boost to 18/19 PSI and it drives much nicer, boost comes on earlier and a bit more torque all through the rev range. My EGR is blocked and cat is gone, so that should help reduce EGTs a bit?
What brand gauge did you fit and where did you hook the line up to get the reading? The only reason I ask is because different gauges may read differently.

You can run more boost without a chip. You may be finding that with the boost controller fitted, you are not getting any more wastegate creep (wastegate gradually opening under load, before full boost is reached) or if the spring in the actuator is weak, it may open the wastegate before it should. Increasing the boost slightly without increasing fuel will result in lower egts. It may also feel like you have gained torque, but it may just be back to where it should be, if it wasn't getting the correct boost previously. ...

I run mine around 18psi max, measured with an autometer c2 gauge, with the boost tee for the gauge fitted in the wastegate line. The boost controller sits on the actuator side of the line for the gauge so I still get a correct boost reading.

What brand gauge did you fit and where did you hook the line up to get the reading? The only reason I ask is because different gauges may read differently.

You can run more boost without a chip. You may be finding that with the boost controller fitted, you are not getting any more wastegate creep (wastegate gradually opening under load, before full boost is reached) or if the spring in the actuator is weak, it may open the wastegate before it should. Increasing the boost slightly without increasing fuel will result in lower egts. It may also feel like you have gained torque, but it may just be back to where it should be, if it wasn't getting the correct boost previously. ...

I run mine around 18psi max, measured with an autometer c2 gauge, with the boost tee for the gauge fitted in the wastegate line. The boost controller sits on the actuator side of the line for the gauge so I still get a correct boost reading.

I have a Forefront Industries digital boost gauge, with the sensor tee'd on the vacuum line before the boost tee, as I figured this would be the true boost level. It definitely feels more torquey. I did think that it would result in lower EGTs, so thank you for confirming that!

Should be reasonably accurate then. Sounds like the same positioning as mine. What readings were you getting on torque? The boost gauge doesn't work on the free version and from what I've read in here, even on the paid version it is only calculated from the maf readings...

Should be reasonably accurate then. Sounds like the same positioning as mine. What readings were you getting on torque? The boost gauge doesn't work on the free version and from what I've read in here, even on the paid version it is only calculated from the maf readings...

Yeah that was one of the reasons why I did not trust Torque. That and the random spikes to 25+ PSI on full throttle. I found that Torque reads 3-5PSI lower than the Forefront gauge.

Yeah, right haha. I've had my boost gauge fitted pretty much since I bought it, so never bothered with the paid version of torque. But that is good to know. I mainly use it for coolant temp, maf rate and gps speedo to see how bad the speedo gauge on the dash is lol

Back