what is the max BOOST for d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yanir

Reaction score
Hello Friends
I have a D22 2005
I wanted to know what the maximum BOOST in YD25 engine without causing damage
Checking seen that around 20 PSI Accountant reduces the amount of diesel fuel and lowers the BOOST
I can install a release valve for chrging the air sensor but I want to know what the maximum BOOST without causing damage to the engine

Hey I live in Israel and have a lot Rebels should escape them :)
But I want to go fast in climbing HILL

its 18PSI for the common rail YD25 over here but yours is probably the old school direct injection version.

really though without more fuel its pretty pointless turning the boost up on a diesel.

common rail rail YD25....people have run 40-50 psi.
non-common rail the big question is the crank/big end bearings going to hold up ?

Just remember, when you start modding, shit starts breaking and you have to keep pouring more money into the truck.

My standard intercooler ran out of puff above 20psi and i lost horsepower now it is set to 19psi that's as high as we could get it without upping the i/cooler that is.

Really? On late model d22's. What kind of performance increase would you get out of boosting that high? And what is the likelihood that it would go pear shaped quick?

pretty much none I'd say, diesels need more fuel to go with high boost.

i think blue navara is running 40-50 lb boost. granted its D40 but its the same engine as the later D22.
btw this not with a stock turbo. stock turbo is only good for minor increase in boost.

A little off topic but how much can a zd30 handle without going into limp mode, does the Map sensor/Ecu run a shutoff pressure?
I hear the bottom end of the zd30's are very strong much like the TD42 just with an alloy head instead of steel?

not sure of what the ecu limp mode limit is but sensor max's out at 36psi according to the manual.

I think tweak'e is on drugs..
On the D22 the ECU has no direct control over the turbo boost. The Turbo is set with a predetermined wastegate pressure. On the 2008 version that is 16psi, while the D40 version is set at 18psi (which is using the same turbo) but uses a MAP sensor to dynamically change the boost.
You might find that on the 2005 version it might still be set at 16psi.

Im currently running my boost at 20psi with EGTs not going over 450c, During a test i found the engine enters Limp mode at 23psi which would indicate some sort of sensor in the engine to monitor air pressure intake.
As far as i know the D22 engine can handle 32psi while the Stock turbo can handle 24psi But i wouldnt want to run any higher than 20psi. Run the mix too lean and the engine will heat up fast.

I think tweak'e is on drugs..
On the D22 the ECU has no direct control over the turbo boost. The Turbo is set with a predetermined wastegate pressure. On the 2008 version that is 16psi, while the D40 version is set at 18psi (which is using the same turbo) but uses a MAP sensor to dynamically change the boost.
You might find that on the 2005 version it might still be set at 16psi.

Im currently running my boost at 20psi with EGTs not going over 450c, During a test i found the engine enters Limp mode at 23psi which would indicate some sort of sensor in the engine to monitor air pressure intake.
As far as i know the D22 engine can handle 32psi while the Stock turbo can handle 24psi But i wouldnt want to run any higher than 20psi. Run the mix too lean and the engine will heat up fast.
You may need to do a little more research mate.:rofl2:

Latest posts

Back