What locker should I get

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko

Reaction score
I know it's a common asked question but who has the right answer?

My zd30 has done 250ks, has a ramit chip and 3" exhaust dinoed. It's running 33's. If I put a front e locker or a rear e locker in, is it going to be to much of a strain on the diffs?
A mate thinks I should just put an elocker in the front and that should enable me to go most places.
Anyone have any advice on what I should do?

Any type of locker in your front diff will make a massive difference in what you can crawl up and will be less strain on your drive train as you don't have to press as hard your loud pedal.

Kinda depends how hardcore you want to go. But as above LSD in the rear locker up front your all set

That settles it then.
Front e locker and ill be laughing. Cheers

Auto lock the front, thats all I'm doing, won't need any more than that. Nevyn has the full time lock in and loves it last time i priced it was around the $570 mark.

Yeah I have heard the rear lsd in the 22 is pretty strong as is and best left alone.

How many people have broken their Front Diffs when offroading (not meaning CV's)? I realize the Lockers help in regards to the shock factor, but is there many reports of ppl breaking their front diffs while out wheeling?

My car is booked in for arb air locker in the front week after next. Hopefully do the trick!

Robmacca: funny you should mention that. Had a locker in my D22 for only about 6 months now and last weekend off road I went up a corrugatedi dune and the front left got a knock.

Snapped CV joint, lockers rooted, diffs rooted, 4 or 5 grand repair bill for me...

And I wasn't even hammering up the hill at all so I'm pretty disappointed. My d22 does have a significant lift and 33"s but still didn't expect it to go so easily.

I could understand the CV snapping but the locker and the diff as well?? ouch that tough.

Yeah it snapped at the end joining the CV into the diff, sending parts smacking around my diff/locker. Pretty devo..

Well this is the third time i've had the front diff out of my 22. First time was an inner pinion bearing, same the second time and this time i've stripped 4 teeth off the crown wheel. Nav has been locked for a year now. Have done 3 cv's and a t/case chain aswell. I agree lockers are good but it just means you try and do harder tracks. I must admit I put my nav up some track that guys with 6" twin lock trols on 37's do so I accept that shit is gonna break from time to time.

Ill be SASing my nav at the end of the year. I have a complete GQ diff I picked up for $200. That will be getting flipped, locked and geared to 4.88 later this year. I plan to use the calmini kit from the states, quoted $3700 shipped to my door. Project budget is $8k

Well this is the third time i've had the front diff out of my 22. First time was an inner pinion bearing, same the second time and this time i've stripped 4 teeth off the crown wheel. Nav has been locked for a year now. Have done 3 cv's and a t/case chain aswell. I agree lockers are good but it just means you try and do harder tracks. I must admit I put my nav up some track that guys with 6" twin lock trols on 37's do so I accept that shit is gonna break from time to time.

Ill be SASing my nav at the end of the year. I have a complete GQ diff I picked up for $200. That will be getting flipped, locked and geared to 4.88 later this year. I plan to use the calmini kit from the states, quoted $3700 shipped to my door. Project budget is $8k

Geez now I don't feel so bad about my car.

I don't see myself getting another locker. I don't care for doing crazy tracks I'm more of a beach cruiser and the car is getting ready for a bit touring trip anyway

If you're more of a beach cruiser then I would suggest something you can unlock. An E-Locker would be my pick out of the rest. Either way I'm very happy with my Lokka (auto). Mine has only given me grief once, it turned a three point turn into a six point turn on a track.

Cheers Brad

Wow all these breakages :(. Got my elocler up front and have only stripped the hubs out internally. No damage to cvs, diff, locker as of yet. In saying that i do push my car in some tracks but i dont do anything thats gonna put me into a bad pickle. Once the winch goes on ill test it out a bit more.

What winch you looking at Rusty?
OH NO Nevyn a 6 point turn once on a track, must of been tough, HAHAHA still think ill be getting one when the $$$ aka boss lady allows it.

Latest posts

Back