What locker should I get

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relevant to the thread not the make of 4b.
In my last 4b, A Suzuki vitara, I put a Lokka brand locker in the front of it, I had welded rear differential, and that thing use to go absolutely everywhere. I had no breakages of Cv's or differentials. And when I say it went absolutely everywhere, that is very true. I kept up with all the big boys and their toys. And I most certainly gave them a run for their money.
So in saying that, my thoughts on Lokka brand lockers is 100% positive.
They also make them for D 22's
And I believe the D40s as well.

I highly recommend these lockers'

Cheers lads
Have a good long weekend lads

'I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE,'WHAT MORE CAN I SAY'

Sorry guys and I also must add, it is also the way that you treat your locker, that has an impact on the longevity, just because you have a locker doesn't mean you can try and position your 4b to leap over huge boulders, and expect not to have breakages..!

Cheers G

'I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE,'WHAT MORE CAN I SAY'

LOKKA if you don't have $$$ to spend
E Locker if you do a lot of beach driving and have some $$$
For front diff

What winch you looking at Rusty?
OH NO Nevyn a 6 point turn once on a track, must of been tough, HAHAHA still think ill be getting one when the $$$ aka boss lady allows it.

Still dont know. Alot of different reviews and prices. Here is my list

KingOne Avenger Mako 9500 or 12000lb
Domin8r 12000
Ironman Monster 9500 or 12000
VRS
Runva in either size

I would like the Avenger Mako cause they look well built and i have seen it in action and my brother has the 12000lb amd rates it highly

I wanted something that i could lock/unlock when ever I need to and I went for an e-locker.
I don't do anything too hardcore but I like to explore in solo and I the few times I had to use use it I loved it.
I choose to install it on the rear diff as I believe that's where you get most tyre grip due to the weight of the car.

Cheers
Max

The LSD in the rear of my d22 had been slipping for quite a while and the plates had been flogging against the hemispheres to the point it wasn't repairable.,,, had the elocker fitted and I've been loving it since.., the diff guru that did the install said that the navarA LSD's are terrible once they get a tiny amount of wear in them:,.

I found that a small amount of handbrake or foot brake while driving gets the Lsd working perfectly. Clutch out and left foot on the brake pedal and right foot keeping the throttle on and around the peak torque range. Never had dramas. Fitted the e locker to get me outta trouble. Used it twice

The worst bogs i have been in the last 25 yrs the rear always had drive the front when it lifts as rusty said a dab on the brakes locks it and off you go.

The attached photo shows me in a marsh no winching point the rig sunk had to climb out the windows and run 10k to get a tow

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 91
The worst bogs i have been in the last 25 yrs the rear always had drive the front when it lifts as rusty said a dab on the brakes locks it and off you go.

The attached photo shows me in a marsh no winching point the rig sunk had to climb out the windows and run 10k to get a tow

Lol damn at least you found someone to get you out!

Still dont know. Alot of different reviews and prices. Here is my list

KingOne Avenger Mako 9500 or 12000lb
Domin8r 12000
Ironman Monster 9500 or 12000
VRS
Runva in either size

I would like the Avenger Mako cause they look well built and i have seen it in action and my brother has the 12000lb amd rates it highly

Hey rusty I'd been researching winches for the last 6 months. Finally bought the dominator 12000. Ive pulled stuff around the backyard with it but Im yet to use it under proper load, but it comes with a lifetime warranty. Can't complain with that. Mako, runva, roo systems only come with 3-5 year warranty. I paid 795 and got a recovery kit with it from 4wd supercentre.

Hey rusty I'd been researching winches for the last 6 months. Finally bought the dominator 12000. Ive pulled stuff around the backyard with it but Im yet to use it under proper load, but it comes with a lifetime warranty. Can't complain with that. Mako, runva, roo systems only come with 3-5 year warranty. I paid 795 and got a recovery kit with it from 4wd supercentre.

what r the warranty conditions? some require the winch to be serviced yearly by manufacturer or authorised agent or warranty is void.

Runva is a limited lifetime warranty also.

I have the runva, wouldn't even bother with tigerz11 personally.

Mitch, which runva do you have fitted?

Nick, the tigerz11 domin8r winches look good and they have the VMS deal atm with every wincj purchase and free freight.

Anyone running kingone winch?

Anyone running kingone winch?
Yep! I have the 9550 Mako Avenger. At the time of buying it had the lowest current draw of all the winches I looked at. It does the job well and I'm pretty sure it also has a limited lifetime warranty as well.

Cheers Brad

Latest posts

Back