What oil's are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just switched over to Delo 400 Caltex oil, meets Cat, Cummin's, Volvo, Mercedes Benz standards.

So if it works for there hard working engines it can be run in my Navara.

Dave.

I'm still using the DPF rated Nulon stuff because once again it's the only DPF rated oil I could find in this bloody town that completely matched the specs Nissan asked for. And because I'm getting quite a collection of it. Couldn't remember how much I needed for the service and how much I had at home when I was in Super Crap so I just brought two bottles, now I've got nearly 9 litres sitting on the shelf and I've done the service, so the next service is a freebie.

I know this thread is more about engine oil than transmission oil but I was doing the right thing and went to check my transmission oil the other day as a part of the service and after locating what I thought was the dipstick and zero information in the handbook I decided I wouldn't force anything in case I was wrong. So I went to my mechanic mate and he decided it was wise to ring Nissan and ask the procedure for checking it on a D40. My mechanic is mates with the service manager at the dealer I brought the car from (not the local bloke) and when asked about the procedure the service manger's response was "Good question I don't know". To his credit he did go and find out and confirmed my thoughts which was good but sometimes you just don't need to hear honesty like that.

happy to be using penrite hpr 15 but I think the oil has changed to hpr 10 now from the 15/50 to 10/60? is that right?

krafty any chance of telling us how to check levels on trannie
i use whatever my dealer uses -it has changed twice
was shell now is caltex

however i used some flushing oil concentrate from costeffective maintenance they have a website--
i dont work for them -dont get any $$ from them- on my last service 110 000
the gunk that came out was incredible, a thick sludge
it took almost 400 ml more oil than all previous services

2004 D22, ZD30, 86000klm.
Just done the first service (85000klm) on the ute and went with Valvoline Dura Blend 10W40 engine oil.
For piece of mind I also changed the drive line oils, went with Nulon products.
So glad I did change them, as by the look of the dropped oil it seems they weren't changed at the 80 000klm service.

Cheers,
Rusty.

krafty any chance of telling us how to check levels on trannie

Haven't got any picis so doing this from memory.

On the drivers side of the engine below the cables and hoses for the fuel filter etc you should see a 10mm bolt. The bolt holds down a bracket of sorts and the tube that the bolt is connected to disappears down and rearward. Undo the bolt and remove the bracket which kind of locks the dipstick in place and you should be able to remove the dipstick.

What's the recommended oil for a 2010 model Navara D22 with YD25 Common Rail engine with intercooler?

I've just done 6,000 kms and the oil is black. Recommended service interval is 10,000kms but I think I'll do it sooner.

I contacted Nissan and they said only genuine Nissan Oil 10W-40 for $48 per 5 litres...

Latest posts

Back