What oil's are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Genuine Nissan oil is like generic brand bread and milk, the difference is that Coles and Safeway charge less for their plain brand stuff than the name brands do where as Nissan probably charge double for the rebranding.

sorry to be a pain but if someone can tell me what oil needs to be used in the rear diff of 09 D22 would be nice. is it 80w/140 or 80w/90?im looking a either penrite or castrol oils.

thanks
Rusty

sorry to be a pain but if someone can tell me what oil needs to be used in the rear diff of 09 D22 would be nice. is it 80w/140 or 80w/90?im looking a either penrite or castrol oils.

thanks
Rusty

80/90 According to the manual unless your in the Middle East (IE Very Hot) However The Aussie Lube guides connected to Castrol,Valvoline etc reccomend 140.

I used 80/90 but mine has an easy life, no heavy towing etc.

I Would use 140 If i lived in the NT or Nth Qld (Hot Summers) or used it for regular towing and / or Fully loaded as the additional load will increase the diff temp causing oil to become thinner when hot.

Regards

Greg

ok cool. i read the handbook but they recommend anything really hehe. my car gets an easy life aswell so i mite look at the 80-90 stuff even though as you siad castrol penrite sites spec the 140 limslip oils for them. even though 140 wouldnt hurt would it? can be any worse or better then the 80-90 in our temperatures in sth east qld

ok cool. i read the handbook but they recommend anything really hehe. my car gets an easy life aswell so i mite look at the 80-90 stuff even though as you siad castrol penrite sites spec the 140 limslip oils for them. even though 140 wouldnt hurt would it? can be any worse or better then the 80-90 in our temperatures in sth east qld

140 Won't hurt it at all. The advantage is that if you do a loaded trip up north in summer for example, it will be ready to go. I think the idea behind the thinner oil is slightly less drag due to less viscosity slightly improving fuel consumption figures. The book says using 5w/30 engine oil achieves the best economy to (rather than 15w/40. These new d22's use ATF in the transfer case too which is ultra thin and offers very little drag as such, however Nissan Specify ATF or 75 grade gear oil to be used.

Regards

Greg

Running mobile synthetic allround, YD25 with 10 thou
donk- delvac esp 15w-40
trans/trans case- syn gear oil 75w-90
diff- syn gear oil 80w-140

2010 d 22 2.5 crd
10 k service reciept from nissan states they used valvoline durablend 10/40

sparra04 that sounds bout right for the d22 yd25. my local mechanic uses the same durablend and i use the genuione oul which is castrol magnatec at the 5000km changes. im sticking with the genuie oils for a while and also the gen filters so it falls back onto them when something breaks :S

Diesel oil

Hi Guys
The oil recommended to me for the 2007 2.5 L turbo diesel was Castrol edge sport 0W - 40 grade engine oil, in my previous car I was using Valvoline before I do an oil change I want to get it right from people that have got 200,000km plus from their engines without trouble. I don't know if the mechanics are throwing me a line by saying if I put the wrong grade of oil in the car I will end up with problems.

Hi Guys
The oil recommended to me for the 2007 2.5 L turbo diesel was Castrol edge sport 0W - 40 grade engine oil, in my previous car I was using Valvoline before I do an oil change I want to get it right from people that have got 200,000km plus from their engines without trouble. I don't know if the mechanics are throwing me a line by saying if I put the wrong grade of oil in the car I will end up with problems.

Is that a D40 Auto you have or a '22?

0w-40 sounds way to thin for either motor. If its a d22 u can use anything but Nissan service centres will tell u different weights. I'm using gen Nissan 10w-40 and mechanic uses the durablend or HPR in same weight. If its a d40 specially designed oil is made for those cars but I still wouldn't use 0w oil in it.

0w-40 sounds way to thin for either motor. If its a d22 u can use anything but Nissan service centres will tell u different weights. I'm using gen Nissan 10w-40 and mechanic uses the durablend or HPR in same weight. If its a d40 specially designed oil is made for those cars but I still wouldn't use 0w oil in it.

Edge Sport 0W-40 is castrols best synthetic and is recommende and ok to use in a 2.5 crtd
CASTROL EDGE 2010 | PRODUCT

Also its needed if the D40 is an auto with DPF.

Shell has a 5W-30 for the D40/auto/DPF and I use shell Helix 5W-40 in my '22 with no probs.
Shell Helix Ultra - Australia

Got to keep in mind that these modern day engines are not like the loose old engines from the 60's, 70's and 80's that require heavy oils in them

:cheers!:

2006 D22 ZD30

Engine oil & oil filter changed every 5,000klm

I have used Penrite HPR15 in the past but changed a while back to Valvoline Durablend 10w-40 which is what my mechanic uses when i send it in for the 10,000klm services. No problems or issues to date.

Hi Guys thanks for the feedback, the comment regarding "has it got a DPF" I am unsure what a DPF is ! Its a 2007 Auto 2.5 L turbo, how do I find out about the DPF?

Latest posts

Back