What stereo you running, what makes it so good or so shitty.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 05 d22 with a high end JVC head unit single din, 6.5" 360W pioneer front splits, 6.5" 360W pioneer rear 4-ways, 2600W 4 channel boss amp and looking at a sub and amp at the moment. 13" sound stream slim line sub and 500watt RMS d class mono block amp just trying to find one at the right price should sound sick once the sub is in

I have a 05 d22 with a high end JVC head unit single din, 6.5" 360W pioneer front splits, 6.5" 360W pioneer rear 4-ways, 2600W 4 channel boss amp and looking at a sub and amp at the moment. 13" sound stream slim line sub and 500watt RMS d class mono block amp just trying to find one at the right price should sound sick once the sub is in

If that's the Soundstream Stealth that you're looking at then I highly recommend it. I have one running of a Nakamichi Amp and it cranks.

It's the only slimline sub that I found that actually sounds like a full size.

Cheers.

TF

makes me miss my old ute, (BA xr8) with my JL W3 in the back, took nearly the whole back section up behind the seats.

Upgrading the stereo is something ive been meaning to do to the truck ive just been putting it off due to the lack of room in the cab ( ST model )

Has anyone got any idea on how to get music to the back of my drawer setup? Am i better off running another head unit and speakers or try connect them to the main unit??

got the dig options unit (mainly because i needed a reverse camera for backing up to the trailer).

it's an "okay" unit for the price, does what it needs to do but not quite user friendly. clunky interface can be annoying whilst trying to drive.

Seen a mates D40 today. He's put in a double din stereo. It has a big touchscreen that has DVD,rear camera,mp3 cd, radio, TV and GPS maps and Internet explorer. All this for $330. All running through the stock speakers. There's not much it doesn't do. Pretty impressive.

Kenwood double din. DVD. Bluetooth. hands free mobile. Set it up to take twin reverse cameras that I can switch between. One on the rear of the Nav and the other on the back of my camper so I can use it as a rear view mirror. Just use the remote amp lead or the power antenna cable instead of reverse light to power it up. Also running Kicker splits in the front and Kicker 3ways in the rear. Goes ok

Last edited:
makes me miss my old ute, (BA xr8) with my JL W3 in the back, took nearly the whole back section up behind the seats.

Upgrading the stereo is something ive been meaning to do to the truck ive just been putting it off due to the lack of room in the cab ( ST model )

Has anyone got any idea on how to get music to the back of my drawer setup? Am i better off running another head unit and speakers or try connect them to the main unit??

I have done this. I don't have drawers or a canopy but wanted some crankin tunes around the campsite and didn't wanna run my sub and drain the battery.

My speakers and sub in the cab are running off an amp, so I put a switch on the amp that allows me to switch off all audio inside the cab.

Then i've got my speaker outputs from the headunit running outside the firewall and into the tray where I have a speaker terminal mounted.

I have a pair of 6x9's mounted in boxes and just run speaker wire from them to the terminal.

Cheers,

TF

I have done this. I don't have drawers or a canopy but wanted some crankin tunes around the campsite and didn't wanna run my sub and drain the battery.

My speakers and sub in the cab are running off an amp, so I put a switch on the amp that allows me to switch off all audio inside the cab.

Then i've got my speaker outputs from the headunit running outside the firewall and into the tray where I have a speaker terminal mounted.

I have a pair of 6x9's mounted in boxes and just run speaker wire from them to the terminal.

Cheers,

TF

thanks for that one mate!
defiantly food for thought! i might even be able to adapt an amp and such into my drawer system, the perks of making it myself :p

Latest posts

Back