What the hell are these for?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha, I haven't increased at all mate, you've fallen behind because of the new ball and chain :p, I think we had a whole thread here dedicated to it actually!

The "Where has Dave gone?" thread.

Lol, fair enough I asked for it. I remember the thread.

Any updates on your Nav ?

Dave.

Not really mate, the Scangauge has gone in, works well. We have the 4x4 show on in Brissie this weekend and a few of us are heading to that on Saturday. I'm definately getting new tyres while I'm there (probably Mickey T ATZ's - 4 rib) and who knows what else I'll come back with!

I have a mates bucks show this weekend and his wedding next weekend. I am in need of a holiday, next holiday I get I am coming Queensland to escape NSW for a week atleast.

My Nav just hit 500km's before the fuel gauge hit the top mark on full, cant remember doing anything to it but its getting better on fuel. Usually gets 450km's on the top mark.

Dave.

I have it on good authority from head honcho at nissan that they were actually left overs from the maxima, and the ones on the maxima were left overs from the pintara.............

So they brought too many of these things and had to stick em on all their cars yet they didn't buy enough remote fuel lid releases so they had to skimp on the D40's. Atleast they aren't just wasting all those plastic bits by sending them to landfill.

I have weather shields, so does this render my little tab ear bits useless?? If so I could possibly be missing out on a great feature :(

Have completed my testing.
Drove between 100 - 110 and put the windows up and down a few times - when approaching the gidgets it appeared the window 'knocked' into the tracks.
Then today in the light rain at speeds between 100 - 110, and the window down about 3 inches, small droplets collected on the gidget and blew away from the vehicle. It was evident the gidget was pooling the water from the windsreen to deflect it from coming inside.
Verdict - the gidget has a dual purpose!
Fascinating stuff.

It's because car manufacturers are too scared not to put them on, even they don't know what they are for but they don't want to leave them off just in case their model is the only one without them.

Any new members want to throw an idea out there?

These other blokes still don't convince me.

Actually these are known Zylon tech. There are 10 models. There are many copies. These insidious devices were stealthily introduced into Thai built NAVS and their function is to randomly cause non warranty premature failure of expensive parts by methods that defy reason and explanation. If you should see one do not approach it or attempt to remove it. Immediately contact Galactica security and the frakkin things will be blasted out of an airlock into space where they belong.

bsg_seal.jpg

I didn't know the D22 could go fast enough to cause any kind of pressure. let alone low pressure zones outside of windows.

If a d22 is aerodynamic, so is a house brick and none of the bricks at my place have little tabs, i checked. Lol

Back