Whats better 3.0 or 2.5 lt td

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pog22

Reaction score
Hey there in the market for a d22 2005 to 2010 TD and am trying to get some feed back on both the motors and drivelines and any inherant problems to look out for. some one told me there is a gearbox problem with one model if you know something i should know before i buy would be much appreciated

My gearbox in my old d22 was tuff as that was a 2004 3.0l turbo diesle no intercooler it's a strong car my mate had the 2008 2.5 and had nothing but trouble with it but that could of been one out of 100 ... Hope this helps

I hired a 2.5 once. I found the 2.5 had great torque down low but ran out of puff and ran very rough higher in the rev-range compared to my then stock zd30.

I have an '08 model and its great all round...wouldnt change it.....we have a '10 model at work, does a lot of K's, carries a heavy load and has an abusive driver and its going fine...no troubles:tazzy::tazzy::tazzy:

you should check out the d40 section on wwwnissan-navara.net stretchin cam chains,limp home isues with fuel valves on pump,early ones had oil seal probs on half shafts,bubling paint on roof all on the 2.5tdi engine which id asume youd get aswell even though you guys may get it in a d22 shell?

ive had the 2.5 L for the last 2 years. always found it to struggle in the low revs. picked up an 04 model with the 3.0L and found it to have more balls down low.

you should check out the d40 section on wwwnissan-navara.net stretchin cam chains,limp home isues with fuel valves on pump,early ones had oil seal probs on half shafts,bubling paint on roof all on the 2.5tdi engine which id asume youd get aswell even though you guys may get it in a d22 shell?

cant really compare it......different vehicle and different power output engine,

and what has bubling roof paint on the D40 got to do with a D22 engine????

ive had the 2.5 L for the last 2 years. always found it to struggle in the low revs. picked up an 04 model with the 3.0L and found it to have more balls down low.

what do you mean no go down low...all the '22's I've been in have more than enough down low.

it just seemed to always struggle in the low revs but it could have something to do with it being loaded up with tools. it was also a 2wd so maybe different gearing? Its just my opinion so take it as you wish

thats ok....you just need to spell it out.....you cant compare one empty truck with one that has a ton of weight to lug around.

ill find out how they compare tomorrow as i'm swapping all the tools over. I can let you know if you like? I'm not sure if the 4x4 and the 4x2 gear ratios differ also?

my 2.5 is definatly slower now with all the mods fitted
but i expected that and have plans to rectify problem

ill find out how they compare tomorrow as i'm swapping all the tools over. I can let you know if you like? I'm not sure if the 4x4 and the 4x2 gear ratios differ also?

they may....i do know tho that mine and the work truck have plenty of torque down low....easy to wheelspin

I own a d22 with the 2.5 can not fault it one bit i find take off i first some times a bit slu
Gish but once it hit boost it moves im forever takin it off road every weekend and the only problem i had is i broke a front diff i got the car at 51thousand on the clock and since then its done 20 thou and its been a hard 20 thou at that as im not soft on the vecheal but each to there own

Latest posts

Back