What's currently playing in your Nav?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Central station moved into sprinkler music by the 90's.

they had two stores, the metal shop and one purely disco shite in City Square...

the metal shop ended up as I think MFM over past Hearns Hobbies under the rail overpass.

the one at/off Swanston st I bought some albums...from memory, Halloween & Railway

MFM used to be in what they called Banana Alley right under the railway lines that's why they played loud music. The Central Station I remember used to be just up the road on the other side. We spent most of our time at MFM because we knew the guys who owned it, then they sold out early to mid 90's and became Metal Labyrinth from memory. Not sure if Missing Link is still there, the guy who used to run it was a massive GNR fan and he sold my mate about $6000 worth of bootlegs GNR stuff.

Hey Krankin, that little store, you aren't thinking of "Smoke Dreams" are you? They stock all the good black metal etc from Euro. They also sell all the Cannibal Corpse album covers that were banned in most countries.

Mind you the only time i go into the city is when i go to the footy and that's it, not sure if it's still there. Im pretty sure that metal shop that used to be on Banana Alley is gone. Best t shirt range!

Oh I remember Smoke Dreams, (both kinds :big_smile:) I used to love that shop, they got so much stuff in that no one else did and not just music stuff either.

And yeah I'm fairly sure Metal Labyrinth (formerly MFM) is long gone now.

Last time i went past it and actually looked at it would have been around 5 years or more ago. It's a shame. I remember when Slipknot (lol) first came out when i was in my mid teens, 1998 thereabouts, i got their self titled album on a slime green vinyl with the full album artwork etc. still have it, and it's still in the original plastic wrapped with the price sticker, IMPORT sticker and everything still on it. Pity slipknot sort of faded out a bit or it would be worth something.

Lol, they are laughable these days once you discover proper metal.

Judas are ****ing awesome. Painkiller has to be my fav. But, AMON AMARTH are probably my favourite band besides pre 2000 Slayer stuff. Love Dimmu Borgir too

He doesn't like any word in front except "heavy". He is from up in Central Vic so it might be that he can't spell any other words but it's unfair to pick on people because they can't spell.

Oh he's online and watching....Hi Krankin :big_smile:

Hey Krankin, that little store, you aren't thinking of "Smoke Dreams" are you? They stock all the good black metal etc from Euro. They also sell all the Cannibal Corpse album covers that were banned in most countries.

Mind you the only time i go into the city is when i go to the footy and that's it, not sure if it's still there. Im pretty sure that metal shop that used to be on Banana Alley is gone. Best t shirt range!

Na can't rmbr the name...it was a shoebox size of a shop...barely room for one customer and the same for the bloke behind the counter...he was German from memory but I am talking early 80's and there was plenty of pipe dreaming goin on...it will come back to me one day tho.

Back