What's the highest speed?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey peeps. It's been a while..... I was actually offshore for a bit....anyway..... I'm trying to find out what's the maximum speed anyone has gone with a 6fwd manual LE. 2.5turbo..... I can't seem to get me passed 180kmh.

Bloody D40 drivers lol

Don't think you're built to be race cars dude lol. Skylines are built with speed limiter to 180... Maybe same same but different?

I would have thought it would be a gearing and revs limitation..what revs are you pulling at 180 in 6th? I know im very high revs in 6th at the 150 mark....not sure id have the legs to do too much more

We had 1.8T behind us at 130km/h, but that's as fast as I've ever gone because there's nowhere (that I've been) in Australia that allows you to go faster.

Hasn't parts of the northern territory gone back tp open speed limits again.you might have to give it a crack with the van behind you!

Last edited:
We're towing an extra 700Kg these days, be interesting to see how it handles that - all up we're 5.5T on the road. Yes it would be interesting to see how the 2.5L handles 160+km/h!

We're towing an extra 700Kg these days, be interesting to see how it handles that - all up we're 5.5T on the road. Yes it would be interesting to see how the 2.5L handles 160+km/h!

Stopping for skippy could be the problem I reckon!

Haha it would be crazy to even try it.

Don't forget most of the light truck tyres max out shortly after 130km depending on your tyres speed rating.

I'd be scared they would fall apart, specially with a bit of weight!!

I'm sure I read that they are limited. Have to flash the ecu I think. Should have a go on a dyno.

I've heard stories of a chipped d22 making 190 down a long long hill.
Obviously it must have been carried out on a long stretch of private property.

I must say, from the few times I've been in a d40, they feel a hell of alot safer at speed compared to my d22!!

Latest posts

Back