Whats Your Hobby

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much anything hands on. Love outdoor activities. Can be anything from fishing, sport, driving, abseiling, rock climbing, etc.

As something that I do regularly I am uncertain of yet as my man cave hasn't gone up so until then it's nothing apart from the above. When the sued goes in I'm hoping the minister will give the go ahead to build my xp-xr falcon.

Rusty
Rusty when I was 21 I had a chance to buy a xr gt an elderly man had from new for 10k. My dad talked me out of it saying it was a waste of money. I still haven't gotton over such a silly mistake.

all us older guys have made mistakes like that one HJ. i can believe what i sold some of my older cars for. xb gs coupe, hg brougham, 64 dodge pheonix. all sold for under $2000 a piece back in the day

all us older guys have made mistakes like that one HJ. i can believe what i sold some of my older cars for. xb gs coupe, hg brougham, 64 dodge pheonix. all sold for under $2000 a piece back in the day
So true what about the A9x and xu1 up to 500k for a goodie. The old brougham is now becoming popular.

Growing up love playing with cars so dad started me with RCs and Tamiyas. This is when I learnt how to build cars. Growing up and getting my license - I got into Circuit Racing and Trackdays. So with this I started buying stock cars and modifying it, well until to this day. I love modifying cars to suit what I want to achieve and simple TLC to the car makes me happy.
however, since had a family and responsibilities - this slowed down and got me to something else. Now I also like doing LBF or out with the dingy. Other thing I will say a hobby or love doing - are hands on tools and cooking :)

a guy i work with has a a9x in his shed in pieces and some guys still tried stealing it. be nice to have one of them older cars but i dont think i could handle the worry of someone always wanting to knock it off

a guy i work with has a a9x in his shed in pieces and some guys still tried stealing it. be nice to have one of them older cars but i dont think i could handle the worry of someone always wanting to knock it off
Well said mate totally agree, sadly caravans, dirtbikes and box trailers are a target for these mongrels.

Love my fishing, chasing mulloway (Jewfish) is awesome! been fishing for them for years. Nothing better then catching them on lures!! Or sitting back soaking a bait in the surf.

Growing up love playing with cars so dad started me with RCs and Tamiyas. This is when I learnt how to build cars. Growing up and getting my license - I got into Circuit Racing and Trackdays. So with this I started buying stock cars and modifying it, well until to this day. I love modifying cars to suit what I want to achieve and simple TLC to the car makes me happy.
however, since had a family and responsibilities - this slowed down and got me to something else. Now I also like doing LBF or out with the dingy. Other thing I will say a hobby or love doing - are hands on tools and cooking :)

that's exactly why I started joel (12y/o) in rc cars, bout 4 years ago
His baja will be the 1st combustion engine he will rebuild, he already drives a manual car (in the bush)

I was lucky by having a grandfather who taught me mechanics, I was building steam engines on his lathe at 11 y/old,
I cant offer joel that but I can teach him the basics with his rc cars
he loves my f6, will tell you all the stats on it, and don't get him started on mums r33 skyline
so I guess my current hobby is repair and finance his 3 rc cars, take him for his 1 hr driving lesson every Saturday, keep 2 high performance road cars running, and try to get some strength in my back with hydrotherapy 3 times a week

Last edited:
I have to commend you Sparra I do remember that video when Joel was mucking around in the mud. It will teach him corrective steering and how to control a slide. My dad taught me at 11 and the girls 12 and 14 are very competent, but the circle work may wait a few years mate.I had to laugh at the grin on his face he had a ball.

Are you meaning Glebe? We are doing a trip down south next month, will be doing the brewery then :) There's heaps down south, just a matter of getting time off work! We did Brisbane in July. Next months trip will be the navs first decent drive too :)

Yeah glebe, Pyrmont are next to each other. I think it is better known to be glebe actually. They are going to tear it down soon. They say up until a few years ago the trams were still in mint condition. It's a shame but very photogenic.

My hobbies are anything from restoring old axes, rc crawlers, hunting, camping, researching and installing new parts and accessories love looking for a good deal. I like to take pride in what I do. Even though the monkeys at work don't haha

I used to do all the keyboard arrangements and the falsetto harmonies the Beach boy's did in a backyard band. Gee I miss it I wish I never gave it up, but I can still hit those notes and arrange the background mix, sadly people moved on but it's one of those annoying hobbies I want to get back into.After a bad day I belt it out on the piano in 10mins I am calm and wish I pursued it more.

Yeah glebe, Pyrmont are next to each other. I think it is better known to be glebe actually. They are going to tear it down soon. They say up until a few years ago the trams were still in mint condition. It's a shame but very photogenic.
Oh, my bad.. I'm not up with all the Sydney suburbs but yep, been there and was devastated when it was half demolished and had security dogs guarding it. I have a picture but I can't find it, a friend took it before it was impossible to get into.

Here it is!
uploadfromtaptalk1410766029011.jpg

My hobbies are:
-long country drives just me and the white line and my music....hate traveling with people especially when im driving.
-photographing the land
-working on my nav
-gym/boxing
-camping
-fishing

Last edited:
Hobbies
- My Supercharged V8 car .. currently rebuilding the engine thanks to a crappy mechanic leaving off some NECESSARY oil seals in the Valley plate caused me to lunch a lifter / destroy engine
- Moutain biking - epecially down hill..
- Working on cars in general.. though some problems can get to ya!
- Photography - landscapes / sunsets etc
- Camping / Fishing when time allows
- Fitness, though i would not say a hobby - just keeping mind and body alert and healthy
- Road Cycling (when i can be assed)
- Racing Model Cars (Methanol Fuel Engines)
- Bush walking / hiking.

Too many.. Need less!

Back