whats your next mod u want to do to your nav?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys just asking whats your next mod u are saving for or looking into and why ? cheers :big_smile:

A bull bar is the next major mod for my ute, I have been on the hunt for a second hand one for a while but the mexicans and cane toads seem to have all the good ones.

It looks like i will be buying a new one through Nizzbits at tax time.

How many of u have air lockers I got told about 4000 bucks I'm like that's a lot of money

How many of u have air lockers I got told about 4000 bucks I'm like that's a lot of money

Depending on your model you may have to change the front diff to fit an air-locker, the early pages of Joshy's SAS thread explains that one fairly well.

Their not really worth the money IMO.

I need to do some work on the sills to fit my new 33's on patrol alloys, then I will probably have to do the exhaust, intercooler and chip the motor plus boost & egt guages and get reduction gears to compensate for the increased tyre size. Then there is the custom underbody water tanks and heat exchange shower setup that the wife wants but I need to put the longrange fuel tank in first so I know hou much space there is for the watertanks and where I will run the exhaust (I hope my exhaust won't touch my 33' spare!), may have to get a rear bar and wheel carrier for the 33's. I also want to do a front dif conversion and airlocker. Bloody hell, I have spent 5 years and a stack of cash building my Nav and the list is still massive, I hope I win the lotto soon!!!

I had an air locker in the rear of my d40, the difference in traction was massive. I wouldn't bother with it unless you have done suspension lift and tyres first though. I'm gonna put an air locker in the front of my new vehicle soon.

most people go 2'' lift i want to go 3'' but i know there is alot of money difference between the two people that have a 2'' inch lift what gear are u running how is it running and how much did it set u back ? cheers

I have a 2" Terrain Tamer lift that gave me close to 3" due to the old stuff being sagged. It cost me just under $2k without fitting, but that included just about every urethane bush in the whole car. I am very happy with it so far, only problem now is the lack of down travel on the front suspension so I lift wheels all the time.
So my next mod is most likely going to be fitting an auto locker in the front.

Only a month or so old here. Did tick the snorkel and roobar box when ordering so that is sorted. Just fitted some Lightforce Genisis, happy with them. Dual battery setup next. Not to far away, a 2inch lift with some nice Bilstien shockies. Along with a bit of decking out for camping trips. CB here, bracket for fridge there,....plenty to keep me busy during the wet season up here.
Once the warrenty is out, or near out. A 3 inch exhaust, larger intercooler. Maybe some water injection to.

Would really like some sort of roof rack/cage set up for my flexiglass canopy (anyone got any ideas), other than that wouldnt mind a steel bull bar and rear step bar.

Back