Wheel balance probs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanosan

Reaction score
Want to know if anybody is having probs with wheel balancing on their D22.I have a 2006 D22 fitted with 16x8 +20 offset steel sunraysias dressed with Bf Goodrich 265x75 A/t. Started with King wheels, couldn't balance them, tried several times no luck, have tried three different tyre places. Changed to Gecko rims same prob. Put the tyres on the standard alloys, no probs so the tyers are good it's the rims. Next approach is to try Dynamic wheels. Thank god this is not costing me anything but time. Does ayone have any answers. Deano.

Have kings steels in exactly what you have and had no issues balancing federals on them. I dont understand how they cant balance them.

Rusty

A tire or two is out of round? You can balance them till your blue in the face and they're perfect but if out of round you'll get vibes every time.

On a D22 on car balancing would be possible (front only) but haven't seen one of those machines in a while. Will take out any in balance in the whole rotating assembly but still, if the tire is out of round it wont help.

Sometimes it can help if the tyre is un beaded and rotated on the rim and re fitted, this process can be done a few times to try and find the best relationship between the individual tyre and it's rim, a terrible pain in the arse but my brother in law who managed a tyre store said it was a common problem with 4x4 tyres and especially steel wheels.
He actually showed me with one of my Goodyear MTR's on a white steel Sunraysia from my 4runner years ago, from the worst position to the best was a difference of 4 weights, I don't know what the weights weighed though but he said if the fitter is patient enough and willing to do it you can sometimes get them to balance with almost no weights, sometimes..... good luck finding someone who cares enough to bother though, if the shop is really busy they'd tell you to fork off I'm sure.

Had the same issue the bloke actually said to me mate I can't balance these properly it might vibrate a little bit then took it to beaurepairs because I could see the rear tyres all over the place and he said they weren't even close and he got them balanced out good for me.. Have 15x8 steelies

Thanks fellas, have since fitted 16x 7 inch Kings by the same tyre fitters at Bridgestone in Hoppers Crossing and have had more success. Still a slight vibration at about 75 kms but I can live with that.:tazzy:

I usto be a heavy vehicle tyre fitter, sometime you can have issues with steel rims not bein 100% round.
We usto spin the rims up first on a balancer and see if they were ok before we fitted them, I have seen some that looked like a football was put on the balancer.

Unfortunately it can be 1 of the down sides to going to the cheaper steel rims instead of alloys

Seems I was only hoping with the latest venture, still got vibrations after 70kph. Going back to bridgestone tomorrow. Going to start investigating other tyre fitters after this. The saga continues.

D22 Navara have a smaller hub so sunraysias and other rims that fit the larger hubs like hilux patrol and landcruiser will not locate (fit snug) onto these smaller hubs even if the tyre is perfectly balanced and all the wheel nuts have located the rim in place it will not be as close as the standard rims or aftermarket rims made to suit only d22s that is why you will get vibrations with a ballanced wheel. A little advice that i have been told from countless tyre shops hope it may help some questions. My wheels are from bob jane t mart the guys there no what they are talking about.

Latest posts

Back