when boredom strikes....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vfighter

Reaction score
and theres not much time to be had, where could you go for a 4wd locally in Melbourne. Ive heard somewhere in Camblefield or Keilor??? Anyone know any good haunts close to home for a quick bash??

=]

Depends how hard core you are, there is plenty of dirt roads and tracks that lead all over the place, some well trafficked others not so well. They might not fit the rating system 4wd clubs use but they can still be a good drive. Many of the tracks are on DSE maps and the like and some are only known to locals, but they can all be fun in some ways.

Department of Sparks and Embers. Those who try to convince us they own the bush and look after it for our own good. You'll find offices all over the place. Their paper maps are nearly as good as the old CFA maps used to be.

Do a search for DSE (it's probably dse.gov.au) and find your closest office and go in and ask. They might sell them online I've never looked because we've had ours for about 20 years and they've been stashed in the shed for half that time. I can find about 5 different ways to get from my house down to the 90 mile beach without spending much more than 5 minutes on bitumen so I don't really need to refer to the maps for this area much.

lol - AKA Department of Sustainability and Environment - yeah checking out the site now

thanks for your words of wisdom :D

Back