When it rains, it poors...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastik86

Reaction score
When it rains, it poors (didn't misspell pours, pun intended)

So I take the Nav down for a service today... before I continue, Andrew my friendly neighborhood mechanic is exactly that, a friendly, fairly priced, quality mechanic and the folowing has nothing to do with his work or professional opinion, in fact if you are in Melbourne northern suburbs I recommend him and his place of business at Caltex Papas Service Centre Mill Park, Plenty Rd; that said...

Backtrack...

Friday I get made redundant... no biggy really, shit happens, redundancy pay is meant for this
reason!

Car was already booked in, thought why not, few hundred at most (correct)... but then on the list was check turbo for play, leaks etc.

Yes on both counts. Play, leaks, noise, thank you very much.

Hunting round for a job in the meantime, "not hiring", "just laid off five blokes", "sorry, good luck" :deadhorse2:

Now you see, when it rains it poors. Lol shit just keeps pouring down and I funds aren't raining with it.

Well thats the load off my chest, thankful that the missus is supportive and didn't freak it, we and the kidlets are still happy and healthy, and thank you to Commonwealth Bank for your continue line of credit and friendly little plastic card which I promise I will pay back in full as always somewhere in the near future! And of course Protect, my redundancy fun.

:blasign: Enough of me me me :violin2:, thanks to the forum for somewhere to throw a hissy fit. Thanks and sorry to all who chose to read this

Forefront, you'll be hearing from me soon! :cheers!:

Sorry to hear rastik, good luck in finding new employment mate

Thanks pal

Construction industry is a bit up in the air in Melbourne atm, cut throat lunch cutting pricing making it hard for the honest mobs to compete and it just ends in blokes being made redundant from mobs who are being edged out by ankle biters who are doing jobs for next to nothing and f***ing it for everyone.

Biggest shame is my bosses were great, real understanding of issues that pop up with young families and the boys I worked with were all top blokes who all got along. Hard to find companies like that.

Could be worse, family is all healthy and something will pop up soon enough.

Thanks for the well wishes Trent

If this wasn't such a family friendly forum, id throw in my two cents about "those blokes" who are working for stuff all. But i'll keep my racist remarks to myself on this forum.

Sorry to hear mate, shithouse that a fellow hardworking Aussie has copped a kick in the guts. Lucky you have your little ones and the ms. You'll get some work mate either way!

If this wasn't such a family friendly forum, id throw in my two cents about "those blokes" who are working for stuff all. But i'll keep my racist remarks to myself on this forum.

Sorry to hear mate, shithouse that a fellow hardworking Aussie has copped a kick in the guts. Lucky you have your little ones and the ms. You'll get some work mate either way!

Cheers Cobez

Unfortunately it is not the threat from afar pinching the contracts, but those closer to home trying to make themselves bigger in the industry by winning contracts with outrageously low prices. Hopefully the wheels of commerce and industry roll ever them and send them on their way so the playing field can be leveled for all.

I can remember when unions had power and would have stopped this sort of crap in a heartbeat, I have worked on heaps of building sites both large and small, and I was an amwu delegate, these days the unions have fcuk all power
I am currently being forced out of work due to a work injury,
aahh compo you might say??
not any more thanks barry ofaggot for changing workers comp laws
my union (awu) are powerless and my solicitor sais there's nothing I can do

never mind, one door slams shut, another swings open

goodluck mate , just don't expect your union or government to help you
cheers

Damn stinking bastards. Is there ANYTHING the CFMEU can do about that? Or are these undercutting pricks CFMEU members?

I'm ETU, but its industry wide. Plumbers seem to be the only ones who have staunch pricing morals to keep their side of it relatively fair.

The unions can't make it too difficult for these picks cause once they've signed EBAs, paid into Cbus and Protect/Incolink they're obligigations as employers are met. The unions generally know about the crap these mobs put out but can't push em out till they stop making their super and income protection payments, missing deadlines because they csn't fford material, labour etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a union member and they can do a lot to give voice to workers, but sometimes they are powerless until shit hits the fan.

I can remember when unions had power and would have stopped this sort of crap in a heartbeat, I have worked on heaps of building sites both large and small, and I was an amwu delegate, these days the unions have fcuk all power
I am currently being forced out of work due to a work injury,
aahh compo you might say??
not any more thanks barry ofaggot for changing workers comp laws
my union (awu) are powerless and my solicitor sais there's nothing I can do

never mind, one door slams shut, another swings open

goodluck mate , just don't expect your union or government to help you
cheers

Sorry to hear mate... workers comp. Has tightened up even in the short time I've been in the industry. They now aim for rehabilitation and getting people back to work and once you are "deemed fit to return to work" even at "reduced capacity" then your on your own. I had a minor back injury a few years back and in the final medical the bloke made sure he covered the insurers by saying " signs and symptoms of the injury are no longer apparent and I cannot see it being a continuing condition", in other words "we wipe our hands of you, be gone!"... it's a back injury f***wit, these things tend to get better, and aggrevate as they like!!

Thanks for the well wishes mate, best of luck with your injury and the issues around it.

A mate once said to me
"You know the thing about common sense? It ain't that f***ing common any more!"
Smartest thing he's ever said or will say lol, but I see he couldn't be more right

Sorry to hear. Might be an idea to throw up your location and also what it is you are qualified at in the construction industry. Someone reading might need some work done, or know of someone hiring. Worth a try.

I will have a quick rant, then move on
I have an undisputed work injury to my lower back that resulted in a spinal fusion surgery, those of you that know me will know it has slowed me down heaps
work was great...............till it came time for me to return, jump through this hoop, now this one, go over there and get this test, now fill this in, do this, do that, oohh we cant seem to find that report...do it again
end result..............no suitable duties
unsurer..... no comment,parasites
union......waste of $11 a week
so due to no fault of my own I have now lost a 100k job
the compo payment for my "permanent impairment"will be less than 35k (no pain and suffering payments in nsw anymore, thanks barry) and any "benefits " I receive before said "lump sum" will be deducted
and I now have seriously reduced work capacity
the insurer is liable to retrain and re employ me, cant wait for that one
BUT
screw them all, I will battle on and keep smiling, my family is healthy and we have food on our plate, and a roof over our head, that's all that really matters
end rant
cheers

Sorry to hear. Might be an idea to throw up your location and also what it is you are qualified at in the construction industry. Someone reading might need some work done, or know of someone hiring. Worth a try.

Worth a shot hey!

I'm a qualified electrician, hold my "A-Class Electrician" licence, Austel Open Cablers licence (communications) and have worked in commercial and domestic. Light and power, mechanicsl and DDC, data, telephone experience over 10 years.

Hold a white card/red card and all necessary induction cards.

I'm in nortern suburbs Melbourne, South Morang, but obviously travel all over Melbourne and surrounding areas as the industry requires.

I don't have my contractors licence (REC) so can't contract my own work.

If anyone knows any commercial electrical mobs that have a bit on or are hiring please let me know.

Try "Twin Electrics and Plumbing" out here in Burwood Vic mate. They seem to be flat knacker. Three doors up from my work. They do top notch work and are good blokes too. Very professional.

I will have a quick rant, then move on
I have an undisputed work injury to my lower back that resulted in a spinal fusion surgery, those of you that know me will know it has slowed me down heaps
work was great...............till it came time for me to return, jump through this hoop, now this one, go over there and get this test, now fill this in, do this, do that, oohh we cant seem to find that report...do it again
end result..............no suitable duties
unsurer..... no comment,parasites
union......waste of $11 a week
so due to no fault of my own I have now lost a 100k job
the compo payment for my "permanent impairment"will be less than 35k (no pain and suffering payments in nsw anymore, thanks barry) and any "benefits " I receive before said "lump sum" will be deducted
and I now have seriously reduced work capacity
the insurer is liable to retrain and re employ me, cant wait for that one
BUT
screw them all, I will battle on and keep smiling, my family is healthy and we have food on our plate, and a roof over our head, that's all that really matters
end rant
cheers

Bastards!

You're right there family is everything. Good to here the family is well mate, thats always the main thing and I too am lucky in this regard.

Keep on keepin on!

Try "Twin Electrics and Plumbing" out here in Burwood Vic mate. They seem to be flat knacker. Three doors up from my work. They do top notch work and are good blokes too. Very professional.

Thanks mate, will give them a bell this arvo

Latest posts

Back