Wheres the hissy fit thread gone??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There might be one out on the road you can grab lol

Munging hahahaha haven't heard that for ages

But but but they're odd lol

Hey - who are you calling sensitive - I'm not sensitive - and what's with the comment about the hair - not everyone is blessed with the furry stuff on top of their head you know - I don't have the luxury of having a "fancy " hairdo - and there's nothing wrong with my "40 - I used to have a '22 - so that makes me kinda normal, doesn't it? - really I'm not sensitive :yeahright:

While you're technically correct that it's easy for us to remove threads - I've removed quite a few myself - the decision to do so isn't taken lightly. We do spend some time discussing these issues behind the scenes.

We have to remember that we're not the only ones viewing the forum. There are quite a large number of people who actively read this forum and don't post. Many are here looking for answers about problems they're having with their Navaras. There have been many who have sent me private messages asking for clarification on something I've posted or that others have posted and they want to know a little more about it or how it might work on their car (towing, turbochargers and 12V systems seem to be the more common) although there have been quite a few recent questions about automatic transmissions!

Posts in here are also visible in Google. It means that kids searching for stuff could run into a post here and if the content is inappropriate then the forum may be asked to remove that material. We have been asked in the past, and the creation of the XXX Adult Jokes area is the result of some of this.

There are two sides to the "nanny state" argument too. We have all these laws brought into place (just using the real world for a minute to illustrate the example) and people say "it's a bloody nanny state" but without those laws, some total idiot is going to do something stupid and cause grief for innocent - and potentially uninvolved - people.

And while removing a bit of text (and a few well-chosen memes) from view isn't anywhere near as serious as, say, some moron sending people txt messages like "B there in 2 mins m8 Im on M5 doing 160!!!" there are still people who can be (and have been) negatively impacted by some posts here.

So the mods and admins are tasked with keeping this place not only friendly but somewhat appropriate. Small diversions are tolerated, but some things can go a little too far and that's when we need to step in.

I really hope that people read this post. This explains to me exactly why tony and Sparra take the actions they do at times.

I realise that to a lot of us this place is like our pub ( well to me it is anyway) and that being predominantly blokes we love to sling shit at each other. We do need to be aware that although we know who our jokes are aimed at others reading this May just see a pack of redneck degenerates acting like children. I know that that is not what any of you are like however others reading May not want to interact with our forum because of it.

Just my two cents guys. Have a great long weekend. Ben

Cheers ben
That's exactly why I closed then removed thread (they are in the mods area, not deleted , it was getting out of hand
Its not a good look having that on the top of our forum list
I let it run 4 a while, people had there say
Time to move on
Plenty of shit stirring and general "aussie banter" going on in gordy's random chat thread, play there

The thing for me is that some of the guys on here are really quick witted and like most of us would in person with our mates get right in under those scabs and pick. Metaphorically speaking of course. Maybe we need a " na offence" button like you'd say to a mate in person.
Like " geeze mate your missus has a huge ass"

" na offence mate".

Latest posts

Back