Which battery isolater ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Projecta but only because I got it at a big discount. It works fine, does what it should and has caused no issues in nearly 4 years. Before that we've used both Redarc and Piranhas and they are all pretty much the same and do the same. It's going to come down to personal preference and price more than anything else.

My oldmans chosen a different brand and option for his new Nav which should it work as well as they suggest I will be looking at in a little while but until then the Projecta does exactly as I need.

Thanks mate I was looking at getting a sbi12 kit of eBay and I called redarc but now I'm more concussed then ever they said something about the altanator is low volt and I would need to run a lot bigger unit I only want to run a frige and some light strips ! Is he yanking my chain just trying to up sale or will the kit I'm looking at work the same ?

I don't know about any 'low voltage' issues on 2010 D22's. There has been talk of newer alternators needing something extra to charge a second battery but I've ignored that since it doesn't effect me and I don't know whether it effects D22's at all.

I'd be double checking the alternator. From around 2010 onwards they had a smart alternator which cuts in and out altering the needed voltage which ultimately is in search of better fuel economy. Driving with lights on fool the new alternators into charging full voltage. My 07 charges around 14.4 when on anytime of the day. You will either need a dc-dc charger or I believe there is another little gadget to put in which will give you proper charge rates.
If you find it's all good and normal then I'd get a red arc. They have been voted best value for money and are dead easy to set up. I have a red arc setup right through my ute with a 90ah agm battery in the tub.

Yer thanks for that sevenmile7 from what I have read its only the d40s that have that ! I could be wrong if anyone could pls clear this up from would be great the redarc one I'm looking at is a sbi12 kit and is only $227 so I'm hoping this one will work for me cheers

D22's and D40's do come with different alternators and the smart alternator, if that's what they are called, are usually only referred to in D40 threads from memory.

Ok after about 3000 phone calls I can now say that newer d22 don't not have smart chage altanators so the sbi12 kit should do the job I must say that redarc were no help at all. Thanks for any help or input that was forward my way

That's correct, no d22s had alternators set up like that. They are just the basic old setups...

i have a matson isolator i got of ebay about 2 yrs ago and it is great,run my waeco 24/7 and some lighting if campining.also if your main battery goes flat it has a switch on it that allows you to start your engine with the aux battery,great feature that saved me a couple of times when main battery was on the way out!!!

Back