which hot pipe ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Is the Plazmaman one made from metal and the forefront from silicone. Is either any better than the other?

Cheers

Upgraded my Intercooler Pipes

Put the Forefront Industries hot side hard pipe and cold side silicon hose on my 2009 Spanish D40 today. Did a video of the old hot side hose.
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aDj3DT4u6c[/YT]
Not as sluggish off the line now. A bit more turbo noise as well.
A thin smear of oil was in the old hoses. Catch can is next weekends project.

Attachments

• D40 hot side pipe upgrade.JPG
    D40 hot side pipe upgrade.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 129
  • D40 cold side silicon hose upgrade.JPG
    D40 cold side silicon hose upgrade.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 135
Put the Forefront Industries hot side hard pipe and cold side silicon hose on my 2009 Spanish D40 today. Did a video of the old hot side hose.
[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aDj3DT4u6c[/YT]
Not as sluggish off the line now. A bit more turbo noise as well.
A thin smear of oil was in the old hoses. Catch can is next weekends project.

Ok done exactly the same thing today.- Plazaman pipe. To be honest I found it difficult to pick the difference, perhaps a little better at best.

Then I thought while spending the weekend under the bonnet what else can I do that may help. I then put a heap of cable ties on the cold side pipe from the inter-cooler to stop swelling under boost. I then done a little mod on the air box that effectively bypasses the pre-cleaner. Then I plated off the exhaust manifold end of the the EGR pipe. Inlet manifold end is already blanked off. If you do that last mod, it's easier to get to it with the air box out. Attack it from the side not the top. Then I took it for a drive and difference with 3 things done was very noticeable. More down low and feels more linear when climbing in revs.

Iv'e never bothered about the catch can thinking well I haven't got exhaust gasses going in there at the same time so I'll put one on when I'm good and ready. After seeing how much blow by oil was in the elbow leading to the inter-cooler I'm ready. Have one on order now. The TD25's seem to have a good amount of blow by.

Edit:- With all those things I've done, haven't really noticed anymore turbo whistle. However the mod to the airbox does give it a little more induction growl. At least that mod is reversable if it starts giving me the shits.

Last edited:
Ok done exactly the same thing today.- Plazaman pipe. To be honest I found it difficult to pick the difference, perhaps a little better at best.

I then done a little mod on the air box that effectively bypasses the pre-cleaner.

what did you do to bypass it, i just fitted a genuine snorkel, and have removed the precleaner pipes. trying to work out what pipe to use to go from the airbox to the snorkel inlet?

The plazmaman hot side pipe can be ordered to suit 1 or 2" body lift
Although i couldnt see it makes a HUGE difference

Cheers, have just ordered one. What about the Forefront cold side piping? Or there air intake pipe, anyone fitted that with a body lift? Have been told that will need some modification to fit but wanting to know how much before i order them.

Cheers, have just ordered one. What about the Forefront cold side piping? Or there air intake pipe, anyone fitted that with a body lift? Have been told that will need some modification to fit but wanting to know how much before i order them.

Give Jamie a call. He'll give you a yay or nay.
Once again, couldnt see it giving you major dramas as the joiners should have some play in them

what did you do to bypass it, i just fitted a genuine snorkel, and have removed the precleaner pipes. trying to work out what pipe to use to go from the airbox to the snorkel inlet?

Mine is a Thai built truck and think the airbox is slightly different to the Spanish trucks but with the air box removed I Used a hole saw on where the the pipe from the snorkel or intake enters the the air box. You will see a raised section on the inside of the air box, simply hole saw a couple holes thru there so the air enters it takes the least resistant way thru the air box to the air cleaner.

Bit late now but if I get time tomorrow I'll post a pic.

Latest posts

Back