Who has done a rear diff swap?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_86

Reaction score
Hi guys About to do a rear diff swap to my nav. Replacing zd30 rear diff with the 3.3l v6 h233 diff. I my question is will everything just bolt up? I don't want to find that I get it all out and I need to get something else to make it fit. Or need to swap tailshaft as well etc. So I'm hoping someone here has done it and can comment on how they went. I have the matching front diff too and I have found heaps of info on the swap so I know what I'm getting myself into there.

Any help or info would be great. Thanks ,Dan

done one

ya swap them over all bolted up but i do have a one pice tail shaft no centre bearing even swap the brake drum over

Yeah I plan on leaving it complete drum to drum. Was the tailshaft installed with the standard diff before or did you change it when you did the diff swap?
Thanks

Is there a reason behind swappin the diff? 1 would think the only reason ud replace a nav diff would be for a locker or a live axel conversion?

It's like putting a 9inch under it front and rear. And yes for lockers as well

Is there a reason behind swappin the diff? 1 would think the only reason ud replace a nav diff would be for a locker or a live axel conversion?

v6 diffs are stronger than the ones on the diesel models

it was part of sas

the tail shaft was changed part of the sas,i changed the diff to get h233 ??like the front and i got the diff for $200 thats cheap i parted 500 just for the diff gears for the front now with 4,6 its a heap better with the 35 on, and with the small wheels you can pull a good load(12/7 trailer)i used the brakes off the old diff as they were in a lot better shape good luck,

Latest posts

Back