Who rides bikes and what are they

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a few in my time,but now i gave them away.
I will try to remember them all,starting with a YammyDT250,Honda Elsinore 250,Suzuki PE250,Yammy 250 enduro. Then got a yammy 125 four stroke as a job payment trade of for the kids.
Then got a yammy 250 road bike with my learners ..(gutless piece of crap),soon traded in for a new CB900..
Then got a kwaka 100 for my son and a chinese import 200 for my girls...
All gone now...
only interested in a Harly now..im too old for speed..

Go the Harley,very comfortable to ride and who said they don't go fast.I have had my fatboy over the 200 mark but just have to hang on as I'm big and work as a wind sail.

my brother just got a brand new fatboy,not sure i like the colour though.
he got some dark marone colour...should have got black.
i might have to take it for a spin soon,see what its like..
how old is yours Scotty?

my brother just got a brand new fatboy,not sure i like the colour though.
he got some dark marone colour...should have got black.
i might have to take it for a spin soon,see what its like..
how old is yours Scotty?

Mine is a 97 model with the 1340 in it which are 55 HP standard but mine is punching out 98.5 HP now.

haha scotty!, got my 97 blade (very worked) just over 300 several times! ... prob tad below 300 though as race gearing...... we use to line up the harleys in the hills and watch em wobble as we went past! ( to think the new sportbikes have an extra 50 hp .. very scary) ... my rgv was good for about 200 cliks, while across prob best down a huge hill on the way to lobey was about 170km/hr!
... nice bike though! .. ur harley that is.

Last edited:
haha scotty!, got my 97 blade (very worked) just over 300 several times! ... prob tad below 300 though as race gearing...... we use to line up the harleys in the hills and watch em wobble as we went past! ( to think the new sportbikes have an extra 50 hp .. very scary) ... my rgv was good for about 200 cliks, while across prob best down a huge hill on the way to lobey was about 170km/hr!
... nice bike though! .. ur harley that is.

Thanks Jayk.I never got my head around sports bikes,I'm to big for them and uncomfortable to ride not to mention I would probably kill myself on one as I like the speed but enjoy cruising around and I have the power aswell to give it shit when I want to but unfortunately I hae only sat my arse on it 3 times in 18 months as I have done my back but will get back on the horse when the weather gets a a bit better.My back doesn't play up as much when it is constantly warm.

cheers scotty, is there any way they can do a fusion on ya back, or cortisone or something like that?
.also is the new harley sportser any good mate, or is it a cheap mans harley?

Global warming does suit me D22 dave.We will be moving to Qld when I have all of the insurance shit sorted out.
jayk I am inoperable,no fusion can be done as I have 6 discs gone.I have had 4 cotisone epidurals and I have bee waiting 7 weeks t get another because TAC are a pack of arseholes and making me wait to see one of there surgeons now.They sorted 4 of them out straight away but since I have got a solicator involved they have been turds.I now have my local member for parliment envolved and Tac will hear from the state government now.Next step will be the media.

No more bikes.

Sold my last one several months ago, an older XTZ 750 Super tenere. :)
Loved the ol' girl.

n1085223300_83794_164.jpg

Got me into all sorts of places slower than most but got me there!
n1085223300_90271_4306.jpg

A complete arse to pick up but the best single bike I've owned to date with a close second given to my old SV1000S....booming twins just sound awesome.

Last edited:
Go the Super Ten! Nice Bike. And you are right, the lovely sound coming out a nice twin like the SV1000 really does sound better than a Ducati if you ask me.

SV1000 through a set of TRS Yoshi's was a great note but a 996 through a set of carbon termi's is mighty gorgeous too. :)

have stain tunes on my sv1000 and it sounds sweet!!! no poxy ducati dry clutch sound and Japanese reliability :big_smile:

trying to pick up DR650 this week :rock:

I have a 10 spd Racer

I also have a 21 spd Mountain bike

But i'm too damm lazy to pump up the tyres and take them out of the garage, unless the little kid wants to go for a ride around the block. Its actually easier to walk behind him while HE rides his 20" bike.

My current ride is a 08 Kawasaki KX 450F with heaps of performance mods.I also have a TTR 250,TTR 110 and pee wee for the rest of the family.

Started as a Kid on a Peewee50, then to an old XR80 and later to a yamaha enduro 175 (straight out of junk yard wars). Went a few years without before buying a new XR250 whilst living in Broken Hill but that was too slow when I moved to Sydney so I bought a 2002 Triumph Daytona 955i CE. That lasted a few years until broke it. Then I bought a 2009 Sprint 1050, got ran over by an 86yo senile driver on the way to work and wrote it off, now I have a near new 2010model 1050 Sprint ST. Nice bike but I miss the old Daytona and would love to get a CR500E to play in the state forest and national parks. Also have a 92 Harley Springer that I'm (very slowly) rebuilding. See my Sprint on my Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101812949843002&set=a.100801316610832.1593.100000428928657

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back