Who rides bikes and what are they

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone after a fuly enclosed motor bike trailer.I hae 1 for sale that is tandem axle with lift up roof and drop down tailgate.It will fit3 large bikes in it with heaps of room for stowing your gear an 2 jerry can holders.Scott 0408145840.If anyone isinterested I will put some photos up.I want $4000.00 ONO

2010 yzf 450 for me 2011-01-21 11.05.24.jpg

Suzuki TL1000S for scratching and a DR650 for long distance dirt touring.

The roadbike doesn't get much use these days though...

no poxy ducati dry clutch sound...

went to Phillip Island last year on my beastie GS500f (yeah - go the LAMS bike :p ) following me mates bussa and 1098 Duc (cab fibre and open clutch). Awesome trip. Actually quite liked the open clutch plate on the Duc. Don't really hear the 'bolts' too much tho when i'm topping out at a buck 80 and they're both hitting 300

Awesome trip. anyone never done the ride down to the island - go do it :rock:

Attachments

• lj bike.jpg
    lj bike.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 66
im over this speed caper,if i got another bike it would be a Hardly Driveable just for cruising with my bikey bitch...lol

Got a 2005 drz 400 for the dirt and a Kawasaki er6n for the road and commute to Brisbane from the gold coast!
Pretty happy with both the dr has been garaged bout a year but I can guarantee it won't take much to start!
The kawa i only bought recently and although you cop a bit of wind on the freeway is an awesome ride!

I like to go fast and used to live a little dangerously. :D
So, I've had a few bikes in my day:
Kawasaki S1 250 Triple x 2
Kawasaki S2 350 Triple
Kawasaki H1 500 Triple x 2
Kawasaki H2 750 Triple
Kawasaki H2R 750 Triple (Ex Len Willing race bike, damn it could really go!)
74 Honda XL 250 MotoSport with 305 kit (My first 4 stroke!)
Yamaha RD 200 (A 2 stroke with electric start!)
Yamaha RD 250 G
Yamaha RD 400
Yamaha RD 350 LC
Yamaha RZ 500
Honda CB1100FD (I slowed down a bit but had a 500+ BHP Torana for the speed fix!)
Nowadays my vision isn't good enough for bikes but I still have all the memories. :D

PS: I also used to drive a go-kart around on the streets in Montrose and Mooroolbark back in the day, it was powered by a Honda 350/4 bike engine, my mate at the time had the same deal but powered by a Honda 750/4. It bloody flew, 100+MPH when your ass is 2 inches off of the ground blows your mind!!

Did I say that I liked to go fast (And I still do!)

Finished painting it and reassembled for next track day today. Also just done valve clearances, balanced carbs and bunged on a 4deg ignition advance for even more poke. Dynoed with 152 at the rear wheel with stage 2 dynojet, full Ti acrapovic system and head skimmed.

Attachments

• image-3488661536.jpg
    image-3488661536.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 64
Blew the dust off this little fella today too. Not touched it in 18 months. Really want to finish it but too many other toys and not enough time.

Attachments

• image-1222864334.jpg
    image-1222864334.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 66
Nice pic Aido!

Cheers matt....bit of showing of to put it up....but I have very few things that I am good at so why not :sarcastic:
Technically though its a poor picture because I am framed moving away from open space instead of into it and makes it appear slower. Thats a 110 -120kmh apex.
Also shows bad technique. Got me fat arse all the way out, shoulder dropped but upper body should be more parallel to the centreline of the bike. Feels right when on the bike but looks all contorted.

Yeah I always used to think my form was good until I saw pics haha.

Another way I used to see where I was slow is to video a few laps. Its amazing how much you learn about your riding when the adrenalin and fear is taken away. What track is that mate?

Cheers matt....bit of showing of to put it up....but I have very few things that I am good at so why not :sarcastic:
Technically though its a poor picture because I am framed moving away from open space instead of into it and makes it appear slower. Thats a 110 -120kmh apex.
Also shows bad technique. Got me fat arse all the way out, shoulder dropped but upper body should be more parallel to the centreline of the bike. Feels right when on the bike but looks all contorted.

Yep, I agree looks like its being piloted by a Chimp, ooops I mean a Ranga!:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

i got a 2007 fatboy which i brought new off the floor and i cant find any of my TLR1000 on hand, thats my collection so far

Attachments

• my fat 07.jpg
    my fat 07.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 84
  • my fatti.jpg
    my fatti.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 94
  • my fatboy.jpg
    my fatboy.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 89
  • my 07 crf 450 and boss.jpg
    my 07 crf 450 and boss.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 87
  • my ktm 525exc.jpg
    my ktm 525exc.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 87
iv been riding dirtbikes since i was 8. started on a 1980 suzuki ds80 from then moved through to a 84 suzuki pe175, 1989 ktm 350 2 stroke, 99 suzuki rmx 250. iv also got a 1979 honda xl70 (i think) that i use as a camp site racer.
DSC_0011.jpg

moon001.jpg

Getting my finger out and I'm going to commit to doing the Interclub series here in Vic. Next round is May 1st. Have already missed the first round but that doesn't mean too much as there were DNF's DNS's and those that cant comit to the full season so I can still be in with a chance of a place of the series if not even placing highly in the club ------>Positive thoughts :rock:.

Leads me onto $$$
Asking nicely for sponsorship in any form whatsoever. It will cost around $2500 to compete in the next 4 rounds which in terms of motorsport is pretty bloody cheap but still a pricey hobby. The bike is fully race prepped and ready to run in the pre-modern under 1000cc class and should be reasonably competitive. The rider is a bit rusty but has turned in some respectable times in the past.
If anyone has a business or an employer wanting to contribute in any way towards my racing then I am more than happy to promote them. Not just some cheap decals on the bike but to actually do all I can to actively market them and do my best to achieve a return on any money invested. I can make the bike available for marketing purposes if required.
If you, or anyone you know might be interested in sponsoring then contact me by replying below or PM or 0408 378 708.

If nothing else then I will require a pit bitch or 2 on race day and track days so if your interested in coming along and getting involved with motorcycle road racing then give us a hoy.

moon001.jpg

Getting my finger out and I'm going to commit to doing the Interclub series here in Vic. Next round is May 1st. Have already missed the first round but that doesn't mean too much as there were DNF's DNS's and those that cant comit to the full season so I can still be in with a chance of a place of the series if not even placing highly in the club ------>Positive thoughts :rock:.

Leads me onto $$$
Asking nicely for sponsorship in any form whatsoever. It will cost around $2500 to compete in the next 4 rounds which in terms of motorsport is pretty bloody cheap but still a pricey hobby. The bike is fully race prepped and ready to run in the pre-modern under 1000cc class and should be reasonably competitive. The rider is a bit rusty but has turned in some respectable times in the past.
If anyone has a business or an employer wanting to contribute in any way towards my racing then I am more than happy to promote them. Not just some cheap decals on the bike but to actually do all I can to actively market them and do my best to achieve a return on any money invested. I can make the bike available for marketing purposes if required.
If you, or anyone you know might be interested in sponsoring then contact me by replying below or PM or 0408 378 708.

If nothing else then I will require a pit bitch or 2 on race day and track days so if your interested in coming along and getting involved with motorcycle road racing then give us a hoy.

If you need a hand in the pits mate I'm there on available days.Depends on Kendall though mate.I'll put some feelers out for you to mate

Latest posts

Back