Who rides bikes and what are they

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally found some picks of 3 of my bikes;

The first was a dr 250 ... pretty dodgey, litre of engine oil a week on a 250cc. no photo.
first pick has my old fireblade and rgv, second photo track day at mallala. fastest in slow group, slowest in medium group... it scared the bejeesus out of me watching em closing in my mirrors! third photo was my second bike a suziki across farthest on left. mate wrote it off.

there all gone now, have been thinking about getting a triumph scrambler, when some more bills are paid.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Climbing%200059.jpg
    Climbing%200059.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 78
Ok so mum and dad brought us a motorbike when I was 6, my brother and I (who was 4) we started off with a YFM 200, which was bored out to a 250, was an 87 mdl 4 wheeler.
We had a house in Blackwarry, (Gippsland) and used it to chase rabbits, we called it rabbit ramming.

Ive only just sold it too, mum and dad brought it for $1200 and I just sold it for $600. So not a bad loss considering it lets just say it was well used.

We then got an AG100, which was a good bike, used along side the 4 Wheeler.

I then 'upgraded' to a 76'DT 250 which went like the clappers, 2 stroke big bore, low to the ground and soo long, awesome to ride, and still have it.

We then upgraded again to a WR250 which was dads, but we all rode it.

I then made my purchase and also got the 01' WR250.

I change the oil EVERY ride, clean the filters and clean it meticulously, im a bit anal about it.
Its the best bike ive ever ridden, done some good trips on it.
Im slow and im cautious, but I enjoy it.

Heres a pic.
36691_1514570066265_1294837200_1405766_6999811_n.jpg

I have five bikes, this one would have to be my favourite, a CR500 engine in a CRF250x frame;
AFX006.jpg

94 FZR1000
FZR002.jpg

1984 KTM600GS
SANY0004.jpg

1996 ATK605
2011-04-02105640.jpg

And a mint 2004 CRF450x

Last edited:
I started out on off road bikes, then when I hit my 20's I shifted to road bikes and had mostly road bikes for 20 years. This is my Suzuki Bandit near Lake Hume on the way to the SR500 rally back when it was still shiny and new.

111308504_9d6GW-XL.jpg

At the moment however I've sort of gotten the off road touring bug and bought a KLR650 which I've been having fun fitting out with various bits and pieces. The pic below was taken during a recent ADVRider ride (it was a bit wet and muddy).

1168394269_umupa-XL.jpg

Thinking of selling my nav and buying myself a commodore ute, and a licensed trail bike, always rode motocross but want something I can still use on the road, thinking of maybe a crf450x or a ktm 450 exc,
Any opinions? I'll have 6-7 grand to spend,
Maybe 8 if I find something really nice!

Go the ktm in my opinion will got to ride a 06 450exc for few months (bro had injury) my fav bike to ride.if ur gonna do alot of road use worth getting a dampening hub to save the box no matter what bike u get

I have five bikes, this one would have to be my favourite, a CR500 engine in a CRF250x frame;
AFX006.jpg

94 FZR1000
FZR002.jpg

1984 KTM600GS
SANY0004.jpg

1996 ATK605
2011-04-02105640.jpg

And a mint 2004 CRF450x

nice cr brebel, ud need some lead weights on the front wheel i'd imagine lol!. ..how rideable is it?

jayk

I grew up on dirt bikes, starting at the age of about 5, got to 8 or 9 and all of a sudden was riding a TT250, straight of a DR80, had to pull up against a tree cos I couldnt reach the ground all the time...
Then, as soon as I was legal to ride on the road, I got in to road bikes so I could be independant. First one, due to budget, XS250, then there was an SR250, heap of shit, didnt last long before it blew up and I had to rebuild and respray it, got 900 for it, but only paid 400 bucks for it I think. After that I got in to slightly faster wheels... GPX 250, then a Honda VFR750 (97 Model, last of the carbies... an awesome bike to ride)

Then got the VTEC model VFR800. I have had that about 5 years now, and apart frm the VTEC system, I love it to bits. Having a rooted back from an accident a while ago, its much easier to sit on than a CBR or Gixxer... but goes nearly as well, and you can stay on it all day. Plus it has a race computer, different sprockets, 02 eliminators, staintune pipes etc.... If only I was home more often to ride it.. the Nav doesnt get a look in if its a nice day when I am home....

Can't put a pic in cos I havent got one up on the web anywhere... but its red, tinted screen.. and lots of shiny chrome exhaust... :D You may see it go past you as a red blur from time to time :)

I had a ride on a bike once when I was about 11 and crashed, mum wouldn't let me near them again. So when I turned 18 I got my L's and purchased a road bike, CBR250RR, then jumped on a GSXR750 when I got my P's, crashed that on a track day, managed to swap the wreck for an old OLD TT600 thumper which was my first off road. I then went on to a WR450, then back to road bikes of an R1, GSXR1000 and now settled on an odd project with an early 900 Fireblade. Also picked up a HD Softail brand new a few years back and it collects dust and shiny bits every now and again, bit of a waste but I'll never sell it.

Had a few clunkers ova the years but now jus sit back an relax on a 1600 vulcan classic with a little bit of bling
On 05 klr sits in the shed gatherin cob webbs!!!!!!

nice cr brebel, ud need some lead weights on the front wheel i'd imagine lol!. ..how rideable is it?

jayk

The CR is pretty violent but a lot of fun and it is fitted with an auto clutch which helps a lot when riding tricky forest trails.

had to many to remember but some of my favs were tl 1000, gxsr 1000, r1, softail custom and now have a 09 te 510 and 2010 nightrod special. the nightrod is by far the best.....

TE 510,MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm. Not that I have one, but if I got back in to riding enduro bikes again, that thing would be at the top of my list.

Last edited:
nice ktm brebel, not many around in that sort of condition, how hard is it to start with the left hand kick lol i used to have a 89 ktm 350 2 stroke, great bike with awesome power but a prick to start on hills. love the service honda cr500 aswell, was pretty keen on getting one a while ago just think itl be abit too poerful for the tight trails i ride

Latest posts

Back