Who's coming to the Muster at Janowen 18-20 Oct

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We (the committee) will have some spare things for people that register on the day, but the shirt order is long gone and we can't yet afford to buy a bunch of spares in various sizes "just in case".

If you choose to come without registering beforehand, you can still participate in the drives and the Gymkhana, but as noted it won't be for the prizes - they are a reward for those that supported the event - which could never happen without numbers, and we only get numbers when people register before the event.

There's no way on this earth I'm travelling a thousand kilometres with a bunch of gear donated by sponsors so that I can wait for a weekend with 4 or 5 other guys and have nobody else show (that was Victoria last year, and we cancelled it and we lost money). It's not something we want a repeat of.

Without pre-registration, we don't know numbers, and without numbers, we can't tell the sponsors that we've got so many signed up, so they won't provide any goodies. Showing up on the day is fine for a long-standing event that attracts LOTS of people, but in reality the Navara Muster is still a fledgling event and needs people to pre-register so that we can organise enough goodies for those that do. It's fair to reward those people - because they're the ones helping us to build the event.

With all that said, we'd love people to show up on the day as well, just please don't expect us to have a lot of extra goodies - it makes sense for us to have a FEW extras like we do, but not a huge amount, because if nobody extra shows, we've wasted money and as a not-for-profit organisation, we can't afford to do that! Signing up guarantees your stuff.

On another note, ARB Newcastle came through with the ARB gear - there was a mixup in the shipment from ARB head office, so it never happened (despite repeated communications with confirmations that things were moving). Peter (Manager at ARB Newcastle) is THE MAN. He has supplied the recovery kit, deflators and a bunch of hats and stuff and I can't thank him enough. Anyone in Newcastle or surrounds should pay him a visit and thank him - he knows me "Tony with the Navara" - and if you need stuff, by all means thank his efforts by supporting his business.

Ill coming from mackay leaving thrusday morning stayin gympie for the night getting there friday before noon if any one wants to tag along as well

im still trying to make it, just spewing i wont have my nav and will have a bung foot but it will still be good to meet up with everyone and help out with the "Navkhana" even if that means sitting on my but and doing the timer.

im still trying to make it, just spewing i wont have my nav and will have a bung foot but it will still be good to meet up with everyone and help out with the "Navkhana" even if that means sitting on my but and doing the timer.

Mate I'm sure we can organise a few amber anaesthetics for that foot, if that helps!

Cheers Brad

Just wondering who we pay the extra $25 for to cover using the 4wd tracks?

if you have already registered, then check in first at the camp site and one of the committee or organises will sort it out with you.

well its time to hit the road
with so many of us travelling a fair distance to attend this years muster its important we all have a safe journey
please take your time, be patient,dont take any risks, stop and revive to arrive in one piece
no one cares if you are a few hrs late
safe travels to all
cheers

Last edited:
Slowly sorting out the recovery gear and some tools, just checked the fluids on the nav, food shopping is done(and drinks haha) tomorrow night is the big pack and then friday morning off to the servo to get some ice and fuel and then hit the road!

Had the worst day ever. First got excited that i got an alloy one an half roof basket. Wouldnt fit in the nav in the canopy at that stage so decide to put it on the roof rackets. Put it on the roof racket but only dne the 2 bolts up at the back an do the rest wen we got home. Hit the high way at about 70 nek minute the thing flown off to side of the road lucky no one got hurt !! So than we decide to force it in the back of the canopy got in strangly. So than put the back window canopy down an just shatter every where cus i had an elastic tie down on the struts haha.. Than got home clean the mess up an but the basket on properly drove at 1$0 to see if it would come off an she on tight.. So to morrow be doin a trip to gympie get the glass an friday get it put in thanks to arb gympie $315 for glass an locks an mackay was goin to charge me $490 an wait for 5 days.. But im still coming cant wait to hit the road.

I would like to wish everyone a safe trip and fantastic weekend , sorry i couldn't make it this year , maybe next , depending on time and location , good luck all , have a coldie for me
cheers Steve

Had the worst day ever. First got excited that i got an alloy one an half roof basket. Wouldnt fit in the nav in the canopy at that stage so decide to put it on the roof rackets. Put it on the roof racket but only dne the 2 bolts up at the back an do the rest wen we got home. Hit the high way at about 70 nek minute the thing flown off to side of the road lucky no one got hurt !! So than we decide to force it in the back of the canopy got in strangly. So than put the back window canopy down an just shatter every where cus i had an elastic tie down on the struts haha.. Than got home clean the mess up an but the basket on properly drove at 1$0 to see if it would come off an she on tight.. So to morrow be doin a trip to gympie get the glass an friday get it put in thanks to arb gympie $315 for glass an locks an mackay was goin to charge me $490 an wait for 5 days.. But im still coming cant wait to hit the road.
Mate you are the sort of bloke that makes this forum the way it is despite your drama's and your distance from the event you have made the effort to push on.

The same can be said for Nathan despite a rolled ankle and disabled car he has made the effort to appear in a hired falcon the fact he carn't drive on the events does not matter it's all about the enthusiasm the few days may go quick but safely fitting in heaps of fun is what the muster is about.

The wife and I are packed apart from food in the fridge and our clothes. We will see some of you navarateers tomorrow. Will be awesome to out names and cars to faces. Gonna be a great weekend

Rusty

Back