Will the 2.5 bonnet w/ vent fit on the 3.0?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtwentytwo

Reaction score
Hi all.

As you probably figured from the title, was wondering if the newer D22 bonnets fit on the older 3.0's? I've got an '06 ST-R and I reckon it would look neater with the new Nav's vent sitting on the bonnet.

And if not, was going to see about grabbing the scoop itself and mounting it on my Nav's bonnet.

Was just wondering if anyone here has done this to their Navara's, or if anyone has seen this done anywhere?

I've done some reading on the forum and nothing has come up, so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited:
as far as I am aware they fit and cost about $500 unpainted.I would double check it comes with scoop,(id imagine it would).
Other options are gu scoop for $130 unpainted or according to nizzbits you can get larger d22 scoop only for about $400.

I saw heaps of non genuine on ebay $80 -$110

GU scoop added (with cross country intercooler) - note the offset for the cooler. Sorry , pics a bit shit.

IMG_20121216_102151.jpg

So it has been done, that's a start.

So it would be better to just source out a d22 scoop and put it on as opposed to the whole bonnet then?

well it depends. ur wanting a scoop for intercooler arent you?
coz from wat im aware of most of the custom mod intercoolers arent quite centre to the bonnet so buying a 2.5 bonnet with the scoop in the centre would be no use. unless ur just doing it for looks

well it depends. ur wanting a scoop for intercooler arent you?
coz from wat im aware of most of the custom mod intercoolers arent quite centre to the bonnet so buying a 2.5 bonnet with the scoop in the centre would be no use. unless ur just doing it for looks

Nah mate, just doing it for looks, not ready to do the whole intercooler thing yet. I just think the scoops give the Navs a neater look IMO

My mate threw one on his D22 for just looks, he reckons despite its slightly improved its looks it has done more than create drag.

Latest posts

Back