Winch bar/bull bar for d40 after 02/2010 ???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kochie

Reaction score
Picked up a second hand genuine steel bull bar the other day and took it to Nissan to get it fitted. So apparently d40's built after February 2010 steel bull bars can not be mounted (something to do with the chassis being different and can't support the weight)????
I want to mount a strong bar and winch to my nav so I was wondering what my options are?
I was thinking xrox bar could be the go but not sure if they will fit either?
Anyone with one of these cars got a bull bar with winch setup? If so what brand is it?

Cheers

Mate I have a 2012 with a steel bullbar and my mate has a 2010 with a factory bar fitted.
Mine is an ARB bar but the factory bars are made by ARB anyway

What Nissan should of said is that the SPRINGS can not handle the weight of a bar not the chassis.
I had a 2010 Thai built ST that was manufactured in November and it had an ARB bar and 12000lb winch and i have had the same style of bar and my old winch fitted to my 2012 ST no problems, BUT the stock coils wont cope so they need to upgraded.

What Nissan should of said is that the SPRINGS can not handle the weight of a bar not the chassis.
I had a 2010 Thai built ST that was manufactured in November and it had an ARB bar and 12000lb winch and i have had the same style of bar and my old winch fitted to my 2012 ST no problems, BUT the stock coils wont cope so they need to upgraded.

Yes he was aware of the HD springs and bonnet restraint etc. but this was a separate issue. He was looking for the mounting points on the car (or something like that, he wasn't really making sense to me) and couldn't find it so looked it up on his computer and it said can not fit steel bull bar to Spanish build d40's after 02/2010

Who installed your bar? Was it done by arb or Nissan?

My bar was fitted by ARB, but it was organised by the salesman at dealership, cause that dealer doesn't fit them anymore, they have a deal with Newcastle ARB. There are no "factory" bars anymore after 2012. They just sell them as ARB.
My mates 2010 ST thia was fitted by a different dealer.

Latest posts

Back