winches

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They certainly did in the 50's & 60's. After WWII, the US helped them rebuild/create a manufacturing industry and the products were atrocious. However, the Japanese decided to do something about it and really got stuck into QA and started to produce the products that gave them their reputation today for high quality manufacturing.

The reputation for crap quality then went to Taiwan and has now moved onto China. As previously posted(this thread?), some of the Chinese manufacturers can do good quality, the others are still in the cheap mode. If ever they all decide to do good quality, it will be interesting times world wide.

Sorry but I am afraid you will never have all products made to high standards, as long as people demand cheap Chinese crap like 99% of the stuff Crazy Clarks sells (that we shouldn't be wasting our finite resources on in the first place) there will be the supply of such goods.

just to report back, i had to use my runva xp11 over the weekend as i broke my front diff on a interesting climb, had to do 4 pulls all up, winch worked well, although even with the car running by the end it had just about flatend my battery, but we did pull for about 50 of mtrs untill the car was in a place i could be snatched from.

cheers
bryan

just to report back, i had to use my runva xp11 over the weekend as i broke my front diff on a interesting climb, had to do 4 pulls all up, winch worked well, although even with the car running by the end it had just about flatend my battery, but we did pull for about 50 of mtrs untill the car was in a place i could be snatched from.

cheers
bryan

whats the current draw??
was it your battery?? were you able to put the volt meter on it?? or was the winch slowing down due to heat??

Either way sounds like it already paid for it self.

At a rate of 4m per minute (roughly) the 50m pull would have taken 12 minutes or so and drawn 250A (roughly). That's 50Ah off the battery = pretty much dead flat.

I'd hook your battery up to a C-Tek charger and hit the "Recover" button just to remove (reduce) any crystallisation/sulphation that may have occurred.

yeah current draw is pretty high nathan, 540 max amps at 11000lds, the taco was actually dropping out as well at the winch when it got under voltage, the battery it a 750cca calcium that has seemed to have come good again, i do have it on my auto charger to give it a top up though.

bryan

Its a good idea to bring the revs up a little when you are using the winch. Alternators usually aren't rated for much at all at idle.

Main thing is that it helped get you out of trouble, so it's served purpose number 1 :)

Its a good idea to bring the revs up a little when you are using the winch. Alternators usually aren't rated for much at all at idle.

Main thing is that it helped get you out of trouble, so it's served purpose number 1 :)

Flick The heat button, instant rev increase to about 1200 rpm,

Back