Winches.....?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of winch are you running?

• Total voters
I put a tigerz 11 in myself with the mrs snagging in the bolts from the front of the bullbar.
The winch fits well on the nissan steel bar and there is enough room to fit it with the bar on. You need to get longer bolts( about an inch ) and it weighs about 23kg with the rope.
You need to open the seloniod box and make sure everything is tight. I have not put it to the test yet though.

I'll jump in straight away without experience with winches and say that 1361Kg is far less than the weight of your vehicle. The winch will be rated to PULL that weight, and while you might manage it once or twice, you run the risk of either snapping the winch cable, or burning out the motor (or destroying the winch's gearbox). I doubt that would be covered by the winch's warranty.

Would this pull the Navara out of a sticky situation? or should i save my pennies for a 9000Lb like tha guys at TJM have reccommended?

BRANDNEW 12V 3000LBS /1361KG ELECTRIC WINCH + WIRELESS - eBay 4x4 Accessories, Exterior, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 20-Mar-10 21:41:49 AEDST)

If your in a sticky situation, you'll be praying the winch doesn't let you down. I'd go a 12000lb because you never know you could be fully loaded when the event happens.
Keep saving your penny's you'll be better off in the long run. IMO.

ive got a warn xp9.5 to fit to my arb winch bumper,i just cant see what it sits/bolts onto inside the bumper,maybe ive lost some pieces as bumpers been on around 4yrs with no winch in there!

I know I'm late to get to this thread but I was running an Ironman 12,000lb until my ironman bar started to shit me. Now I'm back to alloy for a while whilst I plan for next bar. My olny two cents worth if you get a winch get rope it's so much more friendly in my opinion.

There's a job for you over the weekend Jace.

Being the UK, you might wanna use the garage.

All the UK guys on the UK Navara forum complain its raining all the time.

week end is forecast rain lol,but weve had good run of hot weather,ive gota get a wing coz ive pulled bumper back and its bent up bottom corner wing a bit, also still gota sort ruff running out and get some new turbo hoses (nissan want best part £250 for two poxy bits rubber hose!) ill get round to it lol

Mate dont buy the genuine hoses.

You can get them at a auto parts place for like $50 Aus dollars.

i been on ebay and looks like i could buy about 50m of stuff for nissans prices lol,nissan wouldnt put it on there computer until i replaced hoses as they said they were leaking,i soon realised "why" they were leaking when they quoted me for the new ones lol!

turbo hoses go to a industrial hose/ hydraulic hose place they sell it by the inch or centimeter depends where you go. They stock it for trucks and tractors and all sizes in between

Hi guys is anyone running a TJM OX 9.5?

I am looking at one of these as i have TJM dealer in Wagga Wagga, they have a 2 year warrenty and i would prefer the ability to turn up at the shop in my lunch break to show whats wrong.
Other two options are
Tigerz11 9.500 or 12000 or Avenger Mako TDS 9.5

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back