Wiring into engine bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jased22

Reaction score
Going to install a pillar pod with egt and boost gauge. Got my egt gauge today. Just wondering how im meant to run the wires into the engine bay? Had a look and couldnt see any way of doing it. Iv read on here others have run it through where the bonnet release cable goes through the fire wall. But cant get the thermo couple through there. The instructions say to drill a 1inch hole into the fire wall. Then use the grommet supplied. Dont really want to do that! But dont see any other way of doing it.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 20150615_172902.jpg
    20150615_172902.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 113
I just removed the pins for the thermocouple from the plug and fed them through the bonnet release cable hole... just remember which way they go around lol. Small flat blade screwdriver to lift the clip that holds them in and they pull straight out

Oh yeah that makes sense. Im useless with electrical stuff didnt even know i could take those pins out the plug lol. Cheers mate

No worries haha. I didn't fancy drilling a massive hole in the firewall either, that's why i did it that way

I cbf taking the pins out so I jammed it through a big grommet on the passenger side which comes out behind the glove box.

Well this is alot harder then i thought it would be. Think im going to put it in the too hard basket. And pay some one to install it all. Cant even get a coat hanger through to the cab lol

I cbf taking the pins out so I jammed it through a big grommet on the passenger side which comes out behind the glove box.

Tried to use that big grommet could get a coat hanger through a bit but couldnt get it to come out in the cab. There is so much shit behind the glove box

Tried to use that big grommet could get a coat hanger through a bit but couldnt get it to come out in the cab. There is so much shit behind the glove box
That's why I did it the way I did lol

Last edited:
I used a grommet near the clutch pedal. I just cable tied my boost and EGT lines across the back of the engine bay. The hardest but was getting them up over the pedal assembly.

What's yours, zd30? Mine's a yd25 and there is heaps of space under the dash in that area...

I used a grommet near the clutch pedal. I just cable tied my boost and EGT lines across the back of the engine bay. The hardest but was getting them up over the pedal assembly.

Yeah the pedal assembly takes up all the room under there. I didnt see a grommet near the clutch. I'll have another look today after work

Yeah the pedal assembly takes up all the room under there. I didnt see a grommet near the clutch. I'll have another look today after work
Zd30 should have a grommet near the clutch that will be around the 1 inch size I reckon

Latest posts

Back