Won't clutch start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastas dog

Reaction score
Hi guys
Tried to clutch start my d40 the other day just for the sake of it no flat battery or anything and it wouldn't start.
Any one else done this or know the reason why?

Last edited:
I am not sure why you can't clutch start you car, I have a 2009 Kingcab D40 that I have clutch started a few times. I didn't do anything special just slow rolling starts in forward and reverse.

I think it's generally recommended to start them in 3rd or 4th gear, otherwise it seems the engine can compression lock. This is obvious, but also make sure the ignition is in the ON position. If the battery is really really low, the ECU may also decide not to run, in electronics it's called 'brown out'

I think it's generally recommended to start them in 3rd or 4th gear, otherwise it seems the engine can compression lock. This is obvious, but also make sure the ignition is in the ON position. If the battery is really really low, the ECU may also decide not to run, in electronics it's called 'brown out'

hahaha i knew someone would say it but yes it was in the on position. I've tried it a few times in different gear for the hole length of my street about 150m and all it does is turn the engine over. The battery wasn't flat either.
Its a 2012 d40 st

Latest posts

Back