wont rev on hill climbs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beno

Reaction score
Hi has anyone had a problem on hill climbs after a big step or a bounce where the motor will idel, rev very slow and no power, turn it off prime the fuel filter and it runs like new again.
Its like its running out off fuel at the filter.

That would be right! do a sas and get suspension working right and then get an engine drama' ya just cant win!:tazzy:

Mate it has happened to me twice after a big hole or a step as you described. It has nothing to do with the hill climb, but will be because of the diesel sloshing around in the tank. It develops an air lock or something. If it doesnt fix itself straight away, loosen off the fuel cap.

If it were the fuel, I'd suspect a hose clamp or filter seal allowing air to be sucked into the fuel line. If your car was older I'd also suspect deteriorating fuel lines, but a 2012's hoses should still be in excellent condition.

What do you mean by "after a big step or a bounce" ? Are we talking about off-road use?

How much fuel did you have in the tank??
I know the pick up is in a crap spot, thats why they will run out of fuel when pointing down hill with 15lt still in the tank. So it may just be a case of not quite enough fuel in the tank and it sucked up a bit of air

Mate it has happened to me twice after a big hole or a step as you described. It has nothing to do with the hill climb, but will be because of the diesel sloshing around in the tank. It develops an air lock or something. If it doesnt fix itself straight away, loosen off the fuel cap.

Thanks mate i check the fuel cap after it happen thought it might have an air lock but was all good

How much fuel did you have in the tank??
I know the pick up is in a crap spot, thats why they will run out of fuel when pointing down hill with 15lt still in the tank. So it may just be a case of not quite enough fuel in the tank and it sucked up a bit of air

It does it with 80lts full or with half a tank that does not seam to make any differance

If it were the fuel, I'd suspect a hose clamp or filter seal allowing air to be sucked into the fuel line. If your car was older I'd also suspect deteriorating fuel lines, but a 2012's hoses should still be in excellent condition.

What do you mean by "after a big step or a bounce" ? Are we talking about off-road use?

only in offroad use on road runs as good as new check all fuel line clamps and fitting all look ok

Have you replaced a fuel filter recently? I concur with Tony inasmuch as I suspect a poor seal at the filter -- change it out & try again.

Its only after a big surge, like mine did it when i dropped into a drain i couldnt see and i almost stalled it. Wasnt even in 4WD. Just with the contents of the tank surging forward then back. There is another thread on here somewhere that explains it. But with a full tank - that could be another story, i think i had around half.

Have you replaced a fuel filter recently? I concur with Tony inasmuch as I suspect a poor seal at the filter -- change it out & try again.

fuel is has done about 2000klm i check all the fitting all ok

fuel is has done about 2000klm i check all the fitting all ok

Sometimes when fuel filters are replaced they don't seal properly -- they look good, but still suck air. Yours might be a good seal until the truck gets a large knock as per your description & that may be enough to suck air. I'd take it off and reinstall it anyway -- only takes a few minutes and might fix the problem.

Sometimes when fuel filters are replaced they don't seal properly -- they look good, but still suck air. Yours might be a good seal until the truck gets a large knock as per your description & that may be enough to suck air. I'd take it off and reinstall it anyway -- only takes a few minutes and might fix the problem.

Thank mate ill give it a go can't hert

Latest posts

Back