Wont start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news!

It does sound like air. Prime it before you try starting it - 3-4 squeezes is what you should expect (with a standard primer, not sure about the volume moved by an aftermarket primer).

Good news!

It does sound like air. Prime it before you try starting it - 3-4 squeezes is what you should expect (with a standard primer, not sure about the volume moved by an aftermarket primer).

Yep im thinking (hoping) it was air all along now aswell. I think it must be getting in through the factory primer so as you leave it overnight the fuel bleeds back down and it wont start. And I could see those tiny bubbles that seemed to come from the primers direction with the clear lines on.

Possibly why if cranked it and it didnt start and then came back to it a few minutes later it would. As the injection pump must create a bit of vacuum in the lines and slowly suck it up closer to the pump with time.

With that new primer bulb you only need one squeeze and the factory primer is hard as a rock whereas before it would need 5 pumps on the factory primer. I installed this primer bulb pre filter as it was the easiest location and to me now it makes the most sense.

I am going to continue to try to start it without priming for a while to see what happens. Its been starting fine so far.

Another interesting thing when i started this mission my battery was at 82% state of health and 510CCA with my tester. Now after all this cranking and charging its testing at 98% state of health and 588CCA!! So maybe one or two good things has come out of this. Must of shaken all the build up off the plates or something.

Last edited:
Back