worth it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholaselias

Reaction score
ok i love power, if i was to run a dp chip a 3" exhaust straight from the turbo back and a front mount intercooler, with a snorkle would i get much more power? and will a intercooler front mounted fuck up if u were to submerge it in water? (possibility i would go that deep unlikley, but if it was to happen)

Hi Nicholas!

The DP chip just increases the fuel, if the cost was similar to the ChipIt chip I'd go to ChipIt. The 3" exhaust will give you some improvement - although the effect SHOULD be minimal, enough people have come forward saying their 3" systems provide extra power. I'm not sure if dollar-for-dollar the power increase is going to be the same as the chip - I think the chip would win easily.

The D40s have front-mount intercoolers and we have no trouble wading through creeks and rivers with water up and over the bonnet. The intercooler actually performs better when it's wet, and there are companies that manufacture water misting systems to spray a fine mist of water on the intercooler. So the answer is no, it won't stuff things up by submerging it!

The snorkel has a lot of value, but get the guys to install it and test it - you should be able to stall the engine by placing something over the snorkel's intake. Drawing air from higher up, the particulates in the air are smaller and less concentrated. The air is cooler, not coming from the hotter areas around the engine - the cooler the air, the more oxygen molecules per cubic centimetre, which is just adding to the bonus given by the intercooler.

yeah the dp chip is a 100% going on and i can get a intercooler and exhaust package pretty cheap 1,500 so all in all its ok, best chip though? i want one which will provide maximum power but i dont want to lose fuel efficiencey

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a waste to get a chip before you have sorted out the breathing?

I thought that theres No point pouring more fuel in if it can't exhale.... The turbo dump pipe on the nav is tiny and probably one of the main rate limiting steps in the airflow.

I would go (and did go) snorkel and exhaust first, personally that and the egr mod have made a huge difference, the nav is much more responsive at both low and high revs. But there is always room for more ;)

Wouldn't know which to go for between the intercooler or chip next either way it will have to come out of next years budget, liking the sound of the Chipit if I was forced, but will follow this thread to see which people recommend

What I meant to add is that I'm sure you will get gains from a chip alone, but you will get much better ones if the airflow is improved as much as possible from front input to output

If your gonna chip it.

Go for a Chipit chip or get in touch with Northside.

They have shown what they can do with there chips.

Personally. I wouldn't use anything else.

Latest posts

Back