X Force Exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, it would have been 3-5 days, if the train it was sent on didn't derail the day after is was shipped.... anyway, i put it on yesterday, didn't come with a turbo gasket, but i have only done around 50000km, so mine wasn't too bad. it is a copper gasket anyway, so i just reused it.

as for the fitting,... never again on a driveway, that was absolutely horrible. i ended up having to remove the turbo to manifold bolts to drop the turbo down a bit to get the stock dump pipe off, which was a mission in itself... and of course, to remove those bolts, the intercooler has to come off, the airbox lid and pipe to the turbo too and then the heat shield...

i did end up welding a bung in for the pyro gauge, as well as breaking the rubber bit where the boost gauge was teed into the wastegate line...

as for fitting, it bolts up pretty nicely, although i do need to get new exhaust mounts for the muffler section as i have somehow lost one of them. i also need to see if i can make any more clearance from the chassis just near the transfer case as under hard acceleration it seems to be contacting a bracket slightly, but enough to give a good thump hahaha. then again, that could be caused by the missing rubber hanger... plenty of clearance from the suspension in the rear and is angled to come out about even with the bottom of the spare wheel, so it doesn't hang a mile out the back like some do.

as far as driving improvement goes, it does spool a hell of a lot quicker. very slight turbo whine on acceleration, but that gets drowned out by the snorkel mostly anyway.. when i can get it on the freeway i'll see if egt's have improved over how it was previously. i will look at removing the muffler in the near future though i think, but for now it isn't too bad..

if anyone else who has fitted one can take a pic of the middle section between the muffler and dump pipe to show clearance from the chassis that would be much appreciated.

mine has the same thump on the same part of the chassis section with my 3 inch xforce, ive been thinking I need new engine mounts. but in the meantime im gonna put some exhaust tape on it in that section of the pipe where it hits to stop the noise...

fair enough. i guess it just flops around a bit. i'll see how it goes after new muffler mounts, failing that i will probably see if i can make a new mount for the gearbox area that pulls it a bit closer to the gearbox...

i have a BD exhaust and it rattles on the same part on the transfer case cross member.
i took muffler out and fitted delete pipe to minimise the rattle, does it when engine stops.....
i can see that the factory rubber mount that bolts onto the transfer case is bending down under the weight, thats where my issue is, im going to try fitting a brand new one as i guess age has fatiuged the rubber.

i have about 15mm clearance mate. doesnt rattle when driving only when i select reverse and when i shut the engine off.

Fair enough.. Seems a bit strange where it is happening, I get no noise on shutdown or in reverse, just a thump and a bit of s rattle under a decently quick takeoff in first and second. The worst thing is, the mount off the transfer case seems to move it further towards the chassis... I'm wondering if I should make a more solid mount to get it s bit closer to the transfer or make a mount that comes off that bracket on the chassis so it can't get any closer.... I have probably a good inch gap but still get contact..

my gap is pretty small, an happens when clutch out in reverse or shutdown when engine gives a shake. i was just going to jam some rubber under it till i get get a fix,

did your exhaust use original transfer case rubber? or come with a new one?

Nah used the original one, the size of the new pipe compared to where the old one sat is why I'm considering a new mount, cause putting the mount in place requires forcing the pipe towards the chassis a bit more.. I will probably try and have a play on the weekend...

yep i heard on here that to replace the original rubber mount was some stupid amount like 70-80 bucks, hence why i didnt bother yet, im at work offshore so gives me plenty of time to brainstorm lol.

Hahahaha yeah, that does help.... If I do come up with some other solution I will post it up on here and a couple a of pics

Well, found the cause of the thump/rattle.... Turns out it was hitting on one of the tack welded bolts on the bottom of the floor pan that holds the heat shield under the passengers floor, right in line with the transfer case mount. Solution, remove center section of exhaust, get out grinder and cut bolt off level with the but, use hammer to remould some of the ribs on the heat shield. Refit exhaust, all fixed.... Took it for a quick bash this morning and no more thump when accelerating... New exhaust rubber hangers for the muffler made it worse as they lifted the exhaust up closer to the floor..... All good now though, but I have a feeling it will contact regardless when in low range on rough stuff as there just physically isn't a lot of room under there for a 3 inch exhaust...

sounds strange to me.

only place mine contacts is the tailpipe on the rear leaf shackle bolt.
but i'm thinking of cutting it off shorter and welding on bend to angle it toward the ground.

Yeah I dunno hey.. Maybe they have changed the way they made them, but it wasn't far off touching just sitting there with the engine off... When it torques up on the mounts it would just smack straight into it.. All the mounts, etc line up perfectly, just that causing issues.

When I had mine fitted, the mechanic said it was a pain in the arse, although it used the existing mounts he had to spend a lot of time piss farting around making sure it was spot on and didn't touch anything. As said, going from a Maccas straw to a 3" pipe you can expect some difficulty fitting it in and around everything in the same amount of space with the bigger pipe.

What gets me is it finishes just before the tow bar rail and just paints the bastard with soot

When I had mine fitted, the mechanic said it was a pain in the arse, although it used the existing mounts he had to spend a lot of time piss farting around making sure it was spot on and didn't touch anything. As said, going from a Maccas straw to a 3" pipe you can expect some difficulty fitting it in and around everything in the same amount of space with the bigger pipe.

What gets me is it finishes just before the tow bar rail and just paints the bastard with soot

Yeah, i don't have the towbar covered in soot problem... Before I even fitted the exhaust I mounted the towbar to the top of the chassis, so I have tonnes of clearance.. Only thing is the step has to go, but I don't miss that, heaps better departure angle without it

And rear shackle clearance

Yeah, i don't have the towbar covered in soot problem... Before I even fitted the exhaust I mounted the towbar to the top of the chassis, so I have tonnes of clearance.. Only thing is the step has to go, but I don't miss that, heaps better departure angle without it

And rear shackle clearance

Good thinking! I used the step every day at the moment, to get to work gear in up against the cabin wall of the tub. Don't get off-road to the point where I need a better departure angle so the tow bar flip ain't an option for me.

Can always stand on the hitch receiver, hahahah. Didn't actually flip it, just drilled new holes and mounted it the same way up, but on top of the chassis instead of under...

Can always stand on the hitch receiver, hahahah. Didn't actually flip it, just drilled new holes and mounted it the same way up, but on top of the chassis instead of under...
That normally ends badly with skinned, bruised, lumpy shins for me

Latest posts

Back