YD25: is it really a dog?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1750 for the kit plus a day's labour. Despite liking the look of the pathy & the boss just liking it all round, I'm not sure I want to be thinking timing chains right off the bat.

Do you see a pattern in what I'm saying?

I think you need to grow a pair and tell her you don't want one.

Hahaha novel approach.

Although wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the ape house.

She: I like the look of the Navara station wagon, I want one
He: But this internet forum says they are evil
She: The same internet forum on which you spend hours disagreeing with people about every other topic?
He: Ummm yeah that one dearest.

:rofl2: ^^ I actually like the look of them -- but I like the Pajero better. But as I say, the new truck has to fit my long-legged kids in the back, so it may come down to fit in the end.

I'm wondering though -- did Nissan get on top of this issue? All the failures seem to be pre 2010 -- can anyone confirm that?

I know the bloke across the road regrets trading his Trol on a Pajero instead of the Pathy he wanted but couldn't afford.

Stop wondering and just buy the 550 for her and don't worry about the timing chain issues.

Either that or just stop wondering.

Go the Pajero. The YD25 has one of the worst history's out there.

The Mitsubishi 3.2 is a good motor, block the EGR and you're laughing.

The EGR is a problem on the 3.2L.

timing chains and timing belts, nothing has changed. i would rather a chain stretch than a belt snap. it's something that i would replace anyway to get at the water pump.

whilst i would expect the chain to last longer my thought is that driving styles may play a part. with the number of high torque diesel engines on the market now, i know a few people who (coming from a petrol car) thrash their diesels expecting the power to come on right away just like petrol.

whilst i would expect the chain to last longer my thought is that driving styles may play a part.

Bite your tongue, wash your mouth out with soap, get back in your box. How dare you suggest the way a person treats their car could have a bearing on it's reliability. Are you new here? :ha:

Hahaha novel approach.

Although wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the ape house.

She: I like the look of the Navara station wagon, I want one
He: But this internet forum says they are evil
She: The same internet forum on which you spend hours disagreeing with people about every other topic?
He: Ummm yeah that one dearest.

:rofl2:

I dont get "upity",,, your scare mongering and exaggeration doesnt bother me in the slightest, I will simply debate the issue for as long as i have to when people like you come on and say every one ever made will have problems 100% for certain, when thats just not true and if you looked at the actual figures you would see that there are more that have NOT had an issue over the ones that HAVE had an issue.

OH and your a big boy you shouldnt worry about who you may upset, then you wont have to walk on egg shells .

Next, Look at what you just said about the ZD30, the exact same thing can be said about the YD2.5, in most cases of timing chain failure its the cheap tensioner that causes the probs and it seem more prevalent in earlier models.
I havent heard many if any timing chains going with only 70k on the clock and good service history, so i guess that makes timing chain failure pretty unlikely at that stage.
Thats fair enough but at the end of the day timing chains if designed properly shouldn't fail, how many ZD30 timing chains do you hear of failing?

you can get a prado GXL for like $60000 atm to for anyone interested, pathy with 3.0 V6 is like $80000rrp

Last edited:
Have you bugged my house? Although, you forget where she calls you my "bogan internet friends" :p

Bite your tongue, wash your mouth out with soap, get back in your box. How dare you suggest the way a person treats their car could have a bearing on it's reliability. Are you new here? :ha:

as obvious as it sounds to you how many people do you think are oblivious to the fact? put fuel/diesel in and drive, service when they remember and have a whinge when something breaks.

:yeahright: haha... alright i'll shut up now :p

Yeah it's a sad fact but it's definitely a fact. Look at how many fuel economy posts have someone in them say "I drive it easy" yet there is no way to compare their easy to someone elses. Same goes for how they treat their car, but the one thing for sure is that no one says. "I drive it this way so that I will break it"

you can get a prado GXL for like $60000 atm to for anyone interested, pathy with 3.0 V6 is like $80000rrp

If I was in the market to replace my nav, and I was willing to spend that sort of coin I would by a d40 st for 38k, and buy a boat with the change and I wouldn't,t lose a nights sleep over any potential issues

I wouldn't,t lose a nights sleep over any potential issues

With the boat or the ute? :big_smile:

My old man picks up our new boat this week and is towing it home with a new 550. Fcuk I should warn him that the world could cave in and thousands of people could die because of his choice.

What boat did he get? Mate used to tow his 6.2 half cab (just sold it) with his 550, barely noticed it was there.

Back