YD25: is it really a dog?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're going for the new 5m Stacer, nothing big so even my 09 wont notice it on the back. But I do drive a YD25 so I actually expect explosions and nuclear warfare when I drive.

We're going for the new 5m Stacer, nothing big so even my 09 wont notice it on the back. But I do drive a YD25 so I actually expect explosions and nuclear warfare when I drive.

Never mind your flatulence -- do you think the donk will cope?

Better not be an ETEC, those things are grenades waiting to happen! I have towed 3 mates in over the last year. Go Merc or don't go home!
:popcorn1::lol:

We had an ETEC on the old Stacer, never really had any issues with it. Had a Merc before the ETEC and it shit itself, but it didn't go off like a hand grenade.

I could always take one of the Volvo Penta's out of my uncles boat and whack it in the Stacer, the downside would be that the engine weighs about 3 times that of the boat so the boat might not float that well.

BTW found some good videos for those looking to self diagnose stretched timing chain.

chain chatter: http://vimeo.com/65989592
duplex installed: http://vimeo.com/65989591

Useful videos there.
I could always take one of the Volvo Penta's out of my uncles boat and whack it in the Stacer, the downside would be that the engine weighs about 3 times that of the boat so the boat might not float that well.
Just drop one of these bad boys in the back
image.php

Last edited:
The YD25 has one of the worst history's out there.

compared to what mate?

i may of missed something so can someone please show me or explain to me why the YD2.5 is so bad??

what about the 2.8lt diesel with the over heating and heads cracking and the zd30 in the patrol blowing holes in pistons??

how about the D4D with there injector issues??

what about the 5lt v8 they had in the au falcon i had ford replace my entire engine at 54k and out the back of the work shop there was at-least 8 sitting in a corner waiting to be sent back to ford

not that they get a bad rap but, how about the current v8 that the cruisers have, they drink more oil then fuel and if you dont keep filling it up every 10min your in for trouble, and the single turbo motor in the CC or troopie has about the same power of the Yd2.5.

step back in time to the ford 250 crossflow, what a piece of shit.

anyway i honestly believe the YD2.5 motors are not that bad , ok there are not 1HZ or the 4.2 motors

Go the Pajero. The YD25 has one of the worst history's out there.

The Mitsubishi 3.2 is a good motor, block the EGR and you're laughing.

The EGR is a problem on the 3.2L.

That comment is a bit rough.

Every car will have a problem sooner or later, just depends on which one you want haha.

Although I am watching these topics closely I have just bought a brand new D22. Hopefully they have fixed any issues in the new ones.

However, better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

No. Hoping to keep the for & against crews on a slow burn!

Last edited:
Back