ZD30 front main crankshaft seal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gshannon

Reaction score
Gday Guys, has anyone ever replaced their front main seal on their zd30's before and willing to share any tips on how to get it done?

I originally thought it was a sump gasket but can now see oil running down the back of the crank pulley. It started leaking after playing in mud which I have since read this can be a common cause for these to start leaking.

I have downloaded the manual, but I cant figure the bloody thing out, anyone able to let me know which page this may be covered?

Cheers for any help

Yeah probably not a bad option, I thought it was going to be much more
Just talked to a local mechanic and he quoted $160-170 and said the radiator doesnt have to come out. Nizzbits can do the seal for $22 delivered, not sure of the cost from local Nissan.

doing the front main is easy as long as you've the right tool. if i'm not wrong it was a 42MM socket and all you need is a rattle gun / crank the car up and the nut holding the crank will come off and the seal is right in front of you. i think on the nav you might need to take out the shroud. i did one on a patrol but they had ample more room in front of the crank compare to the nav. if i'm not wrong i paid $18 for the seal from Duncan Nissan in Vic park. I might be wrong but you can always give them a ring.

Thanks for the tip, its tempting doing it myself but would have to ask around for the 42mm socket. Never thought of cranking the car over to loosen the nut, not sure if that would be ideal! Im sure it would end up in the radiator if I tried it lol

yeah the socket alone is about $40+ so i reckon it will be better to get someone to do it if you're not too confident. if it were to happen again ( touch wood ) i rather pay the 1 hour labour as getting the nut off can be a really big pain.

Back