ZD30 leaking sump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryce

Reaction score
So as the title says the sump gasket is leaking on my d22 and i was wondering if anyone has fixed this themselves and what the best way to do it would be.

I was thinking of removing front diff and trying to do it from underneath. Is this the way to go? Or like a few other cars ive done does the engine need to come out?

It kind of wraps around that cross member. I can't really see an easy way of doing it. Maybe you could just remove the cross member to get it off without pulling motor. Its really a nasty setup. Pulling the motor out isn't a small job on these. You have to remove all that cross member etc to pull motor forward.

In this thread the bloke does a DIY for a front lokka install but he includes pics of how to remove the front diff. http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=3333

I also have a weeping sump, I just haven't had the time to reseal it and it doesn't leak a noticeable amount of oil (maybe one drop over a week or two). Ill get to it one day haha.

Once you get the cross member off and the front diff out you should have clear access to the sump. Only problem you'll have with this is you'll need a trolley jack of some type to take the weight of the diff as I assume it aint light and you'll probably need a friend to help manouver/balance it while you are doing the removal process.

Latest posts

Back