ZD30 Oil Change Tips?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOGZ STR

Reaction score
Hey guys about to embark on my first oil change on the D22 by myself. Used to only own commodores and have done my own services before but i'm not sure why but i'm actually rattled a little.

Sussed out the oil, got 15w 40 in a 20lt drum from a supplier through work who basically gets castrol oils in and rebadges it. Cost me $88

Went to supercheap and got all the part number for the oil and fuel filters. When at work tomorrow i'm gunna borrow a k&n air filter thats in a box in storage in the back of my office. Wondered why my boss brought the k&n for our air suckers for work haha, bet one went straight into his GU lol

But still would like a few pointers and tips to ease my mind.

Like :

Where is the fuel filter placed haha?

Should i dump the oil out the sump plug then tackle the oil filter?

Do i have to take the sump guard off before anything?

Also are ryco filters any good?

Thanks in advance for any help/info :rock:

Mate the zd30 changes are pretty simple. Make sure u drop the filter first then take the sump off. I did my brothers patrol today and we used some oil drop stuff that u run in motor before dropping it. It's pretty simple and just take ur time doing it. Main thing is remember to stick the rubber ring back on the oil filter housing. Could be bad if u forget.

Goodluck
Rusty

Cheers rusty. got my cousin coming over too with his nav. he is in the same boat wanting to do things himself so we are gunna learn together

Oh and don't just take the filter off all at once. Unwind it, let some oil drain then take it off slowly. Pull it off all at once and u might end up with oil everywhere.

Filters I only use genuine.

When I change the oil in mine.

I drop the oil and remove the filter the oil is draining.

Check the filter for any foreign material.

Do up sump plug.

Replace filter, put oil in it before hand.

Then put in oil measured with a measuring cup.

Always works for me.

Did mine first all went ok apart from a small bit of oil from when i took the sump plug out miss judged the initial gush of oil.

20c piece amount dropped when i did my cousins.

Before i did the oil change i had a really sporadic noise in-between 1800rpm and 2500rpm that sounded like a metal rattle or metal grinding. Now it's there all the time, now it's more prominent so i think i may book it in for my mechanic to take a look

well sounds like all went well except the rattle. im not sure what it would be from. not enough oil? remembering the oil filter takes 500ml+? goodluck finding what it is.

Rusty

nah measured the oil properly, im thinking crap in the gearbox or something loose somewhere. Had a bit of search on the forum and have a little bit of a better idea now.

About to grab the tools and head out to take a look

Mate the zd30 changes are pretty simple. Make sure u drop the filter first then take the sump off. I did my brothers patrol today and we used some oil drop stuff that u run in motor before dropping it. It's pretty simple and just take ur time doing it. Main thing is remember to stick the rubber ring back on the oil filter housing. Could be bad if u forget.

Goodluck
Rusty

hahaha and whilst you have the sump off you can polish the bearing caps !

Latest posts

Back