Zd30 oil filter video

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanFoldi

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to navaras and have never seen an oil filter set up like them before I read you can use your socket wrench to undo it but how messy will it be ? Do I need to remove all my bash plates So any oil just falls to the ground or what's the go ? Any one know of a video showing how to do it correctly ? Thanks heaps for your help.

DeanFoldi.

hey. nah mate dont have to remove any thing just the filter. there is a tray underneth the filter witch catchs the oil and there a pipe off that just stick ur drip tray under that. just undo it with a socket. just take it easy

No hose out the bottom of the factory kit. The oil filter (it looks like a metal cup), is on the bottom right hand side of the engine (when looking at the engine from front on), basically below the alternator. This metal cup has a 1/2" square socket whole in it that u can use a socket wrench in to undo.

The filter with the hose on the bottom of it is the fuel filter typically in the back right hand corner of the engine bay.

^ there is a gallery/ hose at the bottom of the drip/ catch tray (not very big) under the filter -- it can get full of crud and block.

As a big tip for the OP -- search the forum for the service manual & have a read.

Latest posts

Back