ZD30 overfilled oil

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been suffering from reduced fuel economy for a while and after changing fuel and oil filters along with a split fuel line have paid more attention to my oil level (always had oil on the dipstick). Turns out the high level is the top of the notch on the dipstick, not the top twist. I had it serviced 12k ago and have done my own oil change now and drained just over 7.5 litres (manual says 6.3, god knows what was in it 12k ago!). Question is what problems may this have caused? Given I have made it this far it should be sweet right?
I think I may install a catch can before the next service.
Moral
Even though there are no oil stains or leaks evident, check yer oil!

sadly rather common for them to overfilled with oil.
it just blows it out the breather and gets burnt by the engine.
zd30 really do need catch cans fitted.

to much oil can cause combustion issues, combines with egr and helps make that black muck. in decent amounts can cause turbo vane wear. also can cause a few issues with intake hoses as once the oil works its way under them they do not seal very well. then you will get the turbo covered in oil.

Decided to remove my intake manifold to clean in case the excess oil had caused any blockage. My economy has dropped off a bit over the last 6 months.
I will be looking at catch can and egr blank soon after the build up of egr tar i found. ...
63e36b58b900084935f54848e348079c.jpg
869cf7054a8d982d7ef587bfca4e146d.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I don't know what is these day but some reason just about everyone who has their car serviced ends up with an overfill. Put my wife's Kia in a few weeks back to be serviced as still under warranty. Even said to them when I left it, please don't overfill the sump like you did last time. As usual, over filled.

Yeah mine was way overfilled when i got it back from the mechanics the other week. Way past all the markings on the dip stick. !st thing i did when i had a chance was change the oil - i have no idea what they use.
I got the right level in one go. How hard is it to look up the capacities in the owners manual? - which i left on the front seat for them.

That's some serious coke build up you got the boogieboots! Good thing you're on to it.

Latest posts

Back