ZD30 Power up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy222220_0

Reaction score
Since fitting some larger tyres (33's) and adding some extra weight (sliders, steel bar, winch, rear bar etc) the Nav feels a bit slower than it used to. (duh) Wouldn't mind upgrading the zd30. Have been reading a fair bit on here and patrol4x4.com and just wanted to know what you guys thought.

I already have a 3" exhaust and a dtronic chip, but am looking for a bit more (say +20%)

It has around 120K on the clock, so would it be worth to replace the injectors? Are they throw away items or can they be cleaned?

Since we on the fuel system, I'd also like a better fuel filtration steup as i dont trust the factory filter. The Cav filters look like a good bit of kit but only flow 45lpm. Would a single CAV before the std filter cause to much restriction or would 2 Cav's in paralell be the go?

What about replacing the std filter with a single Cav?

Over on Patrol4x4 they recomend a pusher pump (something like a carter 4600 - 100gph) Any worthwild gains from this setup?

Everyone who has done the 80 series airbox mod has had positive feedback, so that might be worth the coin. How much did it cost you guys total to do the Mod?

Probably the next logical step is an interooler. Had a look at a few different setups. Leaning towards a Water to Air setup. Much better for slow low range work. Have heard these are pretty good value. Water to Air Intercooler Looking at the 600hp kit (numbers are meaningless for diesels except for the CFM capacity). What kind of CFM does the zd30 use (rough calcs ~400+)

Any other worth wild mods?

And what order would you do them in?

And rough prices for 'em.
My guess for price + order= injectors ~$1000, airbox ~$200, Cav ~$150, pusher pump ~$250, intercooler~$1000

Hey tommy,
Mate i did the 80 series airbox and found it gav me a bit more power at the top end i think i spent 120 on the airbox and 30 bucks on some silcone piping. also put in duel hiclones and they also gave the old girl a little more get up and go but they would be more of an item that would be last on my list of mods just cause of the cost of them.
Luke

the airbox mod is good. bring the boost on a bit earlier and give a smoother power delivery through out teh range. only cost me some time and some bits and pieces. about $200 should cover you for it.

also look at throwing the v6 petrol diffs in the front and rear. the higher ratio will bring the power back closer to stock levels with the bigger tyres and extra weight. if you throw on an intercooler, you can put a boost controller in and push it up a bit higher, good power increase there.

i'd be trying to work the driveline, rather than pushing more out of the little donk.

if ever i go up to 33" tyres, i'll be putting v6 diffs in.

intercooler :)

adding an intercooler will cool intake temps and in turn allow more fuel to be added. it should also give you a fuel saving.

Have you had it on a dyno since you put the chip in?
Without knowing how much power your truck has now its a bit hard to say how much you could gain.

Have you had it on a dyno since you put the chip in?
Without knowing how much power your truck has now its a bit hard to say how much you could gain.

No haven't had it on the dyno but id say around the 90rwkw (130kw flywheel) region seems to be ave for an 3" exhaust + chip

I have thought about the 4.6 diffs from the V6, but I also have a set of 31 BFG AT's for towing (2T Boat) and my parents sometimes borrow the car for holidays towing their camper around (their xtrail is a gutless auto, and I have a company vehicle for normal use) so changing ratios doesn't really make sense. (if I was running 33's all the time then I'd definitely go for the change in ratios)

I had a PM for another member and I made me realise why the nav seems sluggish.

I have moved from Sthn NSW (15-20 deg days) to Central QLd (30+ deg) every day (turbos love cold air) which sucks some sting out...

and am now driving more on soft beach sand rather than slow technical clay/rock climbs, which requires more power.

But I still would like to get some more from the zd30. Intercooled and boosted to 20psi with some extra fueling would be the ultimate :rock:
When will Northside4x4 have the unichip ready? Would be nice to see what the old hand grenade can put out....

Well my nav was dynoed at 110rwkw with 2.5"exhaust chip and intercooler.i think intercooler made a big difference. increaseing boost will allow more fuel to be added but also increase temps, this is where an intercooler really helps.

Is the chip you have maxed out? or can you still give it more fuel?

Well my nav was dynoed at 110rwkw with 2.5"exhaust chip and intercooler.i think intercooler made a big difference. increaseing boost will allow more fuel to be added but also increase temps, this is where an intercooler really helps.

Is the chip you have maxed out? or can you still give it more fuel?

Chip doesn't have any adjustment :(

How much did your vehicle put out STD? was it on the same dyno? (ie % increase, I dont need to tell you about the difference between dynos, plenty of arguments)
(I have tuned some LS1/2/3 commodore motors. But without the Navs ecu being 'cracked' it makes it hard, unless your prepared to outlay the $$$. Might end up with the unichip if the results are good, it should allow for some vehicle specific/proper states of tune. At least with an egt gauge we should get pretty close...

It was on the dyno b4 and after chip install but not b4 intercooler and exhaust. they were done earlier.
so without chip but with 80seris air box intercooler and exhaust it read 82rwkw. with 32"tyres fitted.

not sure what the gain was from the intercooler alone

It was on the dyno b4 and after chip install but not b4 intercooler and exhaust. they were done earlier.
so without chip but with 80seris air box intercooler and exhaust it read 82rwkw. with 32"tyres fitted.

not sure what the gain was from the intercooler alone

Chip doesn't have any adjustment :(

Thanks to Northside4x4, I've since learnt any unichip dealer can tune d=tronic chips :)

Also purchased an 80 series airbox, eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

It's off a 1hz, the water trap and intake are on opposite sides and has a round outlet at the top.

Thinking some nice 3" mandrel bent aliminum might look good. Any idea on the angle of the bend needed? (would like it 1 peice if possible)

Been working to hard lately so havn't had much time to drive the nav let alone work on her. Went up to Dalbeg the other week - very nice with heap of great tracks. Need to take the tent next time.

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

Anyways, decided to bite the bullet and spend some cash. 80 series airbox sorted - with new silicon bends to get ride of the horrible factory rippled pos.

Bought a Carter Lift Pump and CAV filter as well off ebay.

Anyone done the spill valve mod like patrols? Might give that ago as well.
http://www.chaz.yellowfoot.org/Fuel Return Mod.htm

Just gotta get down to enzed and get a few fittings.

Ive done the spill mod on mine and have installed a carter lift pump. Its important that if you do install the lift pump that you do this mod as the inlet to the pump that you are blocking off normally sits with negative pressure on it. After you pressurize the feed line from the tank you also pressurize the spill line inlet and will run into problems if this mod is not done.

Ive done the spill mod on mine and have installed a carter lift pump. Its important that if you do install the lift pump that you do this mod as the inlet to the pump that you are blocking off normally sits with negative pressure on it. After you pressurize the feed line from the tank you also pressurize the spill line inlet and will run into problems if this mod is not done.

Bryce.... what brand of pump did u get and what sort of pressure does it pump at?

Back