ZD30!!! should i be worried?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well for the meanwhile i will go ahead and do the EGR mod and hang off with the catch can for now.

how thick should the blanking plate be?

i can make it out of steel, aluminium, or copper. which would be best?

Any of the above will work. I used S.S only because the original gasket was S.S.

.9mm s/s is heaps for blanking plate.
The catch can I like has a removable top for inspection/cleaning, sight tube , inlet and outlet on the top and a drain on the bottom. Just like your link. Mine is from Super cheap if you wanna view one. $60.
The intercooler will cool your intake air, hence pistons + increase economy and power.

Are you sure about this?

I've had my gauge upto 600 maybe even 650 before, yet to have any problems.
The probe is in the manifold.

I read somewhere a while back that the d40's can reach 7-800 pretty easily.

short term isnt going to do harm as there wont be time for heat soak.

but lets say your going down the beach, having no idea about egt ect could be in the 600-700 very easy for a very long time then your goign to have issue there.

these temps are before the turbo.

intercooler is great, i put mine on mainly for catching bits of turbo if it desided to die.

.9mm s/s is heaps for blanking plate.
The catch can I like has a removable top for inspection/cleaning, sight tube , inlet and outlet on the top and a drain on the bottom. Just like your link. Mine is from Super cheap if you wanna view one. $60.
The intercooler will cool your intake air, hence pistons + increase economy and power.

thats really good for 60 might have a look. ill go with stainless have some .7 and 1.2 lying here at work.

:cheers!:

Update on EGR mod,

I used .7 mm thick stainless for the plate that blocks the exhaust feeding into the inlet manifold. I finished installing it and then started on the solenoid valve piping was half way through and discovered the middle solenoid plastic inlet and outlet pipes had been snapped off completely.

so for the last year i have been cruising around oblivious to that fact i just blocked the hoses and drove home the mechanic next door to my work ordered a new valve so will fix it up tommorow, very interesting though

cheers again for all the help!!!!!

PS so much blacksoot and gunk built up on and around the gasket, does that all eventually burn off?

Hey Bazz I personally think you have nothing to worry about. I found this forum after I bought my 05 D22 and it did send me into panic mode somewhat with the stories of disintegrating turbos etc. but you have to remember you will read bad stories on forums because people need help/advice. What about the thousands of navs getting around just fine no ones going to post up out of the blue how there car is going great because they dont really have to.

From what I can tell 05 is good, built in Japan (apparently that is good) not too much modern technollogy ,think stick shift for 4wd instead of push button, not common rail, although the injectors and injection pump is a bit advanced for my liking. However there is still a lot of work you can do yourself on these things.

Have you downloaded the manual from this site. The more I read, learn about and work on mine the more comfortable i get with my choice.

D40 and D22 yd25ers please feel free to abuse me mercillessly

Hey Bazz I personally think you have nothing to worry about. I found this forum after I bought my 05 D22 and it did send me into panic mode somewhat with the stories of disintegrating turbos etc. but you have to remember you will read bad stories on forums because people need help/advice. What about the thousands of navs getting around just fine no ones going to post up out of the blue how there car is going great because they dont really have to.

From what I can tell 05 is good, built in Japan (apparently that is good) not too much modern technollogy ,think stick shift for 4wd instead of push button, not common rail, although the injectors and injection pump is a bit advanced for my liking. However there is still a lot of work you can do yourself on these things.

Have you downloaded the manual from this site. The more I read, learn about and work on mine the more comfortable i get with my choice.

D40 and D22 yd25ers please feel free to abuse me mercillessly

thanks mate, yeah i have fitted the EGR mod amongst others will consider an intercooler next year.

has been a great truck so far very happy with it. since ive installed the EGR mod and snorkel (air intake was in the engine bay) i have noticed much better performance from simply feeding my engine much colder and cleaner air.

Back