ZD30 Valve Clearances

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knew what the inlet and exhaust valve clearances are on a zd30? Also should they be done hot or cold Ive done about 60,000km in mine since I brought it and havent touched them so figure its probably about time I checked them?

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knew what the inlet and exhaust valve clearances are on a zd30? Also should they be done hot or cold Ive done about 60,000km in mine since I brought it and havent touched them so figure its probably about time I checked them?

Getting mine checked tomorrow. They needed the nav tonight so they could check them cold. As for the actually clearances im not sure. Should be in the manual you can download from here.

Pete

Didn't read through it, but this might help you.

Pete

Attachments

• valve clearence 01.pdf
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,036
  • valve clearence 02.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 734
  • valve clearence 03.pdf
    39.5 KB · Views: 656
Thanks for the info mate looks like some special tools might be needed to complete the job. Maybe il just book it in somewhere and get it done has anyone on here done them before? And if so can they be done without the special cam pliers?

They are a bucket and shim arrangement.

Went to get mine checked and was told they never need adjusting.

250,000km's and no strange noises, must be doing something right.

what about the yd 2.5 cr do they have adjustment or are they hydraulic also reason i ask i have a slight noise i was putting it down to timing chain can chain be adjusted

johnbritto said:
what about the yd 2.5 cr do they have adjustment or are they hydraulic also reason i ask i have a slight noise i was putting it down to timing chain can chain be adjusted

I think what you're asking is can the timing chain be adjusted? And the answer as far as I know, is no. It's an automatic/spring loaded tensioner, what happens in my understanding is the tensioner gets worn and doesn't work as well, which causes the timing chain to "slap" around in it's housing and come loose and put itself through the block.

I dunno how prevalent a problem this is for the YD2.5 though.

I think what you're asking is can the timing chain be adjusted? And the answer as far as I know, is no. It's an automatic/spring loaded tensioner, what happens in my understanding is the tensioner gets worn and doesn't work as well, which causes the timing chain to "slap" around in it's housing and come loose and put itself through the block.

I dunno how prevalent a problem this is for the YD2.5 though.

yeah thanks josh man thats what i was wondering , as for auto tensioner on chain surly it can be replaced or something at a lot smaller cost than if timing chain snaps , i had a belt snap once in a nissan pintara when it happened it stufed the vaulves and i had to re build top end , witch i dome myself to save as much as possable , but i think the modern common rail deisal engine may be out of my league so i hope chain dont snap,

They are a bucket and shim arrangement.

Went to get mine checked and was told they never need adjusting.

250,000km's and no strange noises, must be doing something right.

Hmmmm a mate of a mate is the workshop foreman at a nissan dealer. I mite give him a buzz and see if there worth adjusting or not I was just going off what the owners manual told me :)

Back