Zordo kit or Monster rides

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastas dog

Reaction score
Hi guys finally got the money to upgrade my suspension.
Ive narrowed down my decision to a kit from Zordo or Monster Rides.

Zordo Kit: Dobinsons coil's
Blue max leaf springs
lovels shocks or upgrade to bilstien's

Monster Rides Kit: Rekon Coilovers and Rear Shocks
Dobinsons leaf spring's

Would like opinions from guy's who are running either of these.

Cheers Gav

What's the price differences mate? Out of curiosity :)
My mate has zordos kit with bilsteins superb quality great ride comfort on and off the black top

i got a zordo's kit with these components, very happy with the outcome. $1400 supplied only

ironman front springs, efs leafs, and lovells all round

Id go Zordo's. Still quality but if you run into trouble, the help you will get will be alot easier than dealing with a big company.

Zordo can give you over the phone help as well.

+1 for zordo. Easy to deal with no fuss guy. Will look after you with any warranty issues aswell(if any). Will talk yiu through what he is doing as he installs to keep you informed of whats happening(if you stay and wait for car)

Rusty

Zordo is winning as the best guy to deal with.
Have spoken to both both John (Zordo) and Matt (Monster Rides) and both seem very helpful and honest
What about the performance of each kit.
I will probably also get uca's and put a small spacer (10mm) on zordo kit or wind up the coilovers to get about 65mm of lift

I spoke to ultimate but they can only give me 40mm of lift. I told them that you recommended them and to get offset caster bushes to get more but said they don't do it.
I still may use there leaf spring as I my weight varies between work and when I'm off road and think they may be able to customize there leaf,s to my needs.

I spoke to ultimate but they can only give me 40mm of lift. I told them that you recommended them and to get offset caster bushes to get more but said they don't do it.
I still may use there leaf spring as I my weight varies between work and when I'm off road and think they may be able to customize there leaf,s to my needs.

Thats odd, i do know that they prefer to keep it at 40mm as do allot of other companies BUT they definitely are able to get you 55mm.

Did you speak to Brendan or someone else?? they have a young dude on the front desk who knows allot about there products but seems to be a bit dry and not willing to discuss all the options.

Just spoke to Ultimate and they said they will do it if you request it specifically and make sure you are aware of the "possible" pit falls in going passed 40mm.

If i had my time again i would of installed the UCA's instead of the off set caster bushes as there is only a couple of hundred $$ in it.
Import the arms prior to install and give them the arms to fit with the struts so they can set the shock length to suit the extra droop you will gain from having after market UCA's.

If you are keen on Ultimate speak to Brendan, i just spoke to Kevin and told him about the sale they just lost and what has been done to mine and even he admitted it can be done but Brendan is the man to speak to and if you really want that lift they will accommodate

Just spoke to Ultimate and they said they will do it if you request it specifically and make sure you are aware of the "possible" pit falls in going passed 40mm.

If i had my time again i would of installed the UCA's instead of the off set caster bushes as there is only a couple of hundred $$ in it.
Import the arms prior to install and give them the arms to fit with the struts so they can set the shock length to suit the extra droop you will gain from having after market UCA's.

If you are keen on Ultimate speak to Brendan, i just spoke to Kevin and told him about the sale they just lost and what has been done to mine and even he admitted it can be done but Brendan is the man to speak to and if you really want that lift they will accommodate

I've heard a lot of this Ultimate Suspension and see all there rigs on the fb page. My thing is they have no problems slamming together a 4"lift and making kits to suit a hilux but when it comes the d40 the pike out and only offer a 40mm lift. I dint really understand it as both the hilux and navara setup is not exactly similar but does the same thing.

Rusty

I've heard a lot of this Ultimate Suspension and see all there rigs on the fb page. My thing is they have no problems slamming together a 4"lift and making kits to suit a hilux but when it comes the d40 the pike out and only offer a 40mm lift. I dint really understand it as both the hilux and navara setup is not exactly similar but does the same thing.

Rusty

Rusty if you look at the web site you will see that the 4" kit for the Hilux is basically a calmini style diff drop kit designed and built by Ultimate.
They were building a kit to suit the d40 but the government changed the rules before it could be put into production and Nissan import two TOTALLY different D40 one from spain and one from Thailand this also keeps being changed ALL the time from year to year so it just became a never ending story for them and dropped the R&D on the diff drop for the D40 and consequently it isnt available.
Also the Hilux diff drop kit they sell is 100% legal and comes with a full certified engineers report and thats something they were not going to be able top achieve on the D40 with the change in Laws.

Also if you look at the Hilux the front Diff assembly is TOTALLY different as Monster Rides found out.
You can go to Opposite lock or any one and get spacers put in to the Hilux to level out the CV angle if you run say a 3" lift but there is no way of doing that with te D40 as the diff mounts ect just wont allow it.

Last edited:
Rusty if you look at the web site you will see that the 4" kit for the Hilux is basically a calmini style diff drop kit designed and built by Ultimate.
They were building a kit to suit the d40 but the government changed the rules before it could be put into production and Nissan import two TOTALLY different D40 one from spain and one from Thailand this also keeps being changed ALL the time from year to year so it just became a never ending story for them and dropped the R&D on the diff drop for the D40 and consequently it isnt available.
Also the Hilux diff drop kit they sell is 100% legal and comes with a full certified engineers report and thats something they were not going to be able top achieve on the D40 with the change in Laws.

Ahah yeh not to mention the $5k price tag. Be interesting to find out why the hilux could be engineered but not the navara. Apart from the hole law change thing which is bs anyway.

Ahah yeh not to mention the $5k price tag. Be interesting to find out why the hilux could be engineered but not the navara. Apart from the hole law change thing which is bs anyway.

No its not BS mate they had the Hilux Kit engineered well before the laws changed and therefore are still allowed to manufacture it and sell it with that cert, and that is apart of the price tag, if you went that high with any car you would need to get it engineered and most the time they will require a lane change test which costs thousands of $$

What i dont think you understand (dont take that the wrong way) is that the Thai D40 and the Spain D40 are TOTALLY different in so many aspects including the Chassis wall thickness, chassis widths, and mount locations also things like camber adjusters diff mounts ect .
What that means is they cant build one kit they need to build two and then would need to get both engineered at a massive cost and continued law changes, and tehn the price tag would be so high they wouldnt sell many,
SO it comes down to Viability, and for how many kits they sell and would sell from what i was told a few years back is just not viable.

5k for a fully engineered kit isnt that bad, if you were to put a Calmini kit on a d40 combined with a lift kit you would be at around 4k - 5k depending on where you bought the Cal kit and what other struts and leafs you chose.
AND it wouldnt be legal and so far i havent actually seen anyone with a legal cal kit installed, plenty have said they are going to but no ones as far as i am aware has actually got the piece of paper to show anyone.

No its not BS mate they had the Hilux Kit engineered well before the laws changed and therefore are still allowed to manufacture it and sell it with that cert, and that is apart of the price tag, if you went that high with any car you would need to get it engineered and most the time they will require a lane change test which costs thousands of $$

What i dont think you understand (dont take that the wrong way) is that the Thai D40 and the Spain D40 are TOTALLY different in so many aspects including the Chassis wall thickness, chassis widths, and mount locations also things like camber adjusters diff mounts ect .
What that means is they cant build one kit they need to build two and then would need to get both engineered at a massive cost and continued law changes, and tehn the price tag would be so high they wouldnt sell many,
SO it comes down to Viability, and for how many kits they sell and would sell from what i was told a few years back is just not viable.

No harm taken. I didn't actually think that the d40 differences were so major. I do think I will be taking my next car to ultimate though for a lift kit as they are very easy to deal with and will get the setup done right the first time unlike my 3 attempts. Being a 22 driver regardless of what year they are all the same from 2002 to now.

Sorry to be a pain 😆

No harm taken. I didn't actually think that the d40 differences were so major. I do think I will be taking my next car to ultimate though for a lift kit as they are very easy to deal with and will get the setup done right the first time unlike my 3 attempts. Being a 22 driver regardless of what year they are all the same from 2002 to now.

Sorry to be a pain 😆

All good mate, not a pain at all. I dont know why Nissan make two entirely different cars?? i just dont see how it can be cost effective and why they cant be built to the same "blueprint" in as many countries as they like, its like they just gave each factory a picture and said build this and we dont care how.

Latest posts

Back