Zordo kit or Monster rides

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh agree about them using same plans and specs. The d22 was built in Thailand and Japan and they had very very little difference if any at all. Apart from the obvious longer tub. It's just wired they couldn't do it for thed40 aswell

Just spoke to Ultimate and they said they will do it if you request it specifically and make sure you are aware of the "possible" pit falls in going passed 40mm.

If i had my time again i would of installed the UCA's instead of the off set caster bushes as there is only a couple of hundred $$ in it.
Import the arms prior to install and give them the arms to fit with the struts so they can set the shock length to suit the extra droop you will gain from having after market UCA's.

If you are keen on Ultimate speak to Brendan, i just spoke to Kevin and told him about the sale they just lost and what has been done to mine and even he admitted it can be done but Brendan is the man to speak to and if you really want that lift they will accommodate

Thanks Nathan
I rang them at lunch and spoke to Brendon and he said what you just said get the uca's and take them in for the install and they will fit them and longer shocks at no extra cost.
He said he should be able to get 570mm from centre of wheel to wheel arch, this would be 50mm above standard height.
This has made my decision even harder.
I like the idea of the extra droop but pretty sure i'll get that from monster rides swell. The thing i like about monster rides is that i can adjust the height to where i'm happy, and they do get a lot of travel.
Decision's decision's
Not hearing much from guy's running monster rides though.

Last edited:
Thanks Nathan
I rang them at lunch and spoke to Brendon and he said what you just said get the uca's and take them in for the install and they will fit them and longer shocks at no extra cost.
He said he should be able to get 570mm from centre of wheel to wheel arch, this would be 50mm above standard height.
This has made my decision even harder.
I like the idea of the extra droop but pretty sure i'll get that from monster rides swell. The thing i like about monster rides is that i can adjust the height to where i'm happy, and they do get a lot of travel.
Decision's decision's
Not hearing much from guy's running monster rides though.

Mate no mater what Mat from monster rides says you cant get extra droop from coil and shock ALONE as the UCA will contact the coil bucket, its that simple mate.
if the UCA falls x amount of mm before it contacts with the coil bucket with NO shock at all no matter what shock or coil you run it that measurement will remain the same.
also if you do go more then 40mm in our ST's you will be running a incorrect camber angle.
as i said earlier they way to fix it is with off set caster bushes or UCA's and with the price of caster bushes and install is around $400 you would be made not to spend the extra $100 on the arms and have them install for free.
there is a thread on here at the moment with linkjs to p[laces in the states that will send the UCA's to your door for less then $550 aussie.
the other thing about Ultimate is that you can rebuild the shocks for $65 and the coils and leafs have a LIFETIME warranty, so for you carrying heaps of tools and stuff that is great peace of mind.

Last edited:
Mate no mater what Mat from monster rides says you cant get extra droop from coil and shock ALONE as the UCA will contact the coil bucket, its that simple mate.
if the UCA falls x amount of mm before it contacts with the coil bucket with NO shock at all no matter what shock or coil you run it that measurement will remain the same.
also if you do go more then 40mm in our ST's you will be running a incorrect camber angle.
as i said earlier they way to fix it is with off set caster bushes or UCA's and with the price of caster bushes and install is around $400 you would be made not to spend the extra $100 on the arms and have them install for free.
there is a thread on here at the moment with linkjs to p[laces in the states that will send the UCA's to your door for less then $550 aussie.
the other thing about Ultimate is that you can rebuild the shocks for $65 and the coils and leafs have a LIFETIME warranty, so for you carrying heaps of tools and stuff that is great peace of mind.

Yeah mate i under stand the uca problem i'll need them with the monster ride kit also to get the most out of it, What i meant was that if i get uca's, instead of offset caster bushes brendaon said he could install a longer front shock than they normally do and get more travel and said it would help with droop which pointed out helps a lot.
Have you got a link to the thread with the uca's

Cheers Gav

Last edited:
Gee you really threw a spanner in the works Nathen
I was sure I had my mind made up,
I'm still thinking monster rides as I'm pretty keen on getting a bit more hight

Last edited:
Nathans right. down travel is limited by shock length and the upper arm.
If you fit new uca's and ultimate can build longer struts id go that way because as soon as you lift it and start going off road you quickly realise that topping out of the strut during down travel kills the lower bush. so a longer strut is great. depends if its for show or off road.

Ordered upper arms today.
I spoke to brendon the other day the longer shock offer's the same amount of down travel (60mm) as the normal shock but would be 10mm more lift. I just want to get to around 65mm 2.5inches of lift, he said he could ad a coil spacer but that for every mm of spacer you loose that much down travel and wasn't keen on putting a strut spacer in. Whats the deal with strut spacer pro's con's.

spoke to Mat from monster rides and he said that there strut has 75mm of down travel when set at 50mm of lift and about 50mm of down travel when set at 75mm of lift or there a bouts.

Last edited:
Yeah i wouldnt put a spacer in either if i could avoid it.

Sounds like the Monster front strut is for you.

What about getting Ultimate to fit the UCA's and monster strut with there coil and leaf spring combo and their rear shock??

I really like their leafs and shocks, the back end of mind seemed to work really well.

I believe monster rides do have ways and means to address the extra droop issue including offset bushes, aftermarket UCA's and some linishing of the coil bucket.
Both monster rides and zordo are reputable forum members with great product knowledge and good reviews
Matt can be contacted via pm or email for any enquiries
cheers

After all that I've decided to go with Ultimate suspension's full 50mm lift with upper control arm's and keep it all legal.

Last edited:
After all that I've decided to go with Ultimate suspension's full 50mm lift with upper control arm's and keep it all legal.

Im sure you will be happy mate.
If i were you i would get rid of the sway bar as well, Ken and one other guy at ultimate didnt think it was a good idea because they said it would handle really bad, BUT i didnt notice much of a change on the tar at all, however off road it flexed twice as good and really allowed the front to work 100% better which intern got the back flexing more.
If you want to try it before you commit just undo one side and take it for a spin, by disconnecting one side you effectively stop it from working at all.

Latest posts

Back