Brownys D40 build up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROWNY66

Reaction score
I got my ST manual brand new from the nissan dealer here in Darwin in late oct 2011. The windows were tinted before I picked it up and then it stayed that way for about a year until I had decided on how I wanted it put together, the ute will be built up as a long distance tourer hopefully but also needs to remain as my daily driver.
So far I have had an xrox bar fitted up front with lightforce 240s on that (halogen), safari snorkel and a two inch bilstein lift with 200 kg efs leaf springs in the rear. I'm hoping in the next few months to get a half height canvas canopy built and fitted to mount a rooftent onto. Then from there the list as you all know is endless. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359277069.771962.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359277092.367330.jpg

Also forgot to mention I have removed the rear seat and built a custom shelf out of structural ply to hold hopefully two 30l fridges and an arkpak

Nice looking ute BROWNY,i also gave the back seat the flick from my STX and put a ply platform there instead.
A 60 litre Engel and a 40 litre water tank with a 12v pump sit on the platform.
Aiways got cold beer and no back seat drivers.

Yeah cheers. The original plan was to get the king cab but apparently the resale is rubbish (not that ill have an excuse to sell once the build is done) so I didn't really have a need for the rear seat. How is yours secured? I haven't bolted it down yet but I guess the best way would be from the seatbelt holes?

I used the seat mount captive bolts,and plan to fabricate flat steel straps that will go to bolts that secure the back end of the front seat.The STX floor is alot flatter than the ST(not sure about the newer ST models)so i can stow tools,recovery straps etc under the platform.

I've also removed the rear seat in my rx, best thing I've done. My platform goes right to the center console and I've mounted a compressor underneath

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386329228.526576.jpg started on the rest of my build up today. Threw on the arb side steps. All pretty straight forward and gives me a lot better clearance than the standard steps

Finally added the biggest upgrade to the ute last week, had my custom alloy tray installed. Also fitted the waeco to the rear shelf and wired up an led light bar

hey browny how do you find the efs 2 inch lifted springs do they ride okay? Which bilstiens did you go for?

coming along nicely!!

may i suggest pulling the checker plating off the steps and getting them powder coated black, they look a tonne better!

Youve inspired me to loose my back seat too....

Yeah ozracer they ride fine. Bit stiff with no weight loaded but there's nobody in the back seat to whinge anyway, black would look better. I'll look into it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390652225.669975.jpgi used plasti dip because my bolts were rusted tight. Powder coating would be a lot stronger too

I love the black looks a million bucks better

Latest posts

Back