Would I buy another D22...?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
NOT F@#$ING LIKELY!

A Great Wall represents better value and less hassle than buying a new Thai D22.

I'm fed up with minor issues that are of great annoyance when using the vehicle daily and that Nissan will not address in regards to warranty.

GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD22'SarecrapRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I would get change from trading it on a Great Wall tomorrow and I am bloody tempted - they couldn't be put together as badly as my friday afternoon Thai D22.

This should be in the rant section maybe and I cant be arsed elaborating on all the faults at the moment but needless to say I am going to spend the greater part of tomorrow fixing minor shit on a 20k vehicle that Nissan dealers wont.

Sounds like a real bummer but wanting to convert to a Great Wall is a tad drastic. While you may not have a fully functioning D22 atleast they look better than a GW.

cant agree with you anymore. never buy a nissan full stop. the trouble i have been through waiting for my str to get back on the road is unbelivable. refer the the deceased nav thread. cut to the chase been waiting 4 months for a new engine to arrive an be put in. the one that should arrive this week is the 3rd engine thats been ordered. customer service from nissan aust been nothing but a head ache and at the end of the day i regret buying one since i have been in other duel cabs an seen how much better they are. collarado and older tritons for example

I'm the same, it's the annoying little things that are really taking the shine off.
Not mentioning needing a new gearbox, door trim, rear quater panel repaired, the day after delivery!

Take a closer look at the GWC, Its just a 2000 model rodeo with new guards and lights. But you go right ahead!

Attachments

• 2000ccabV6LT.jpg
    2000ccabV6LT.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 89
  • gwm_sa220_0012-480x320.jpg
    gwm_sa220_0012-480x320.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 100
guess many of us are fortunate enough to not have had as many things go wrong with our trucks as what Aido and 09STR have. I'd probably be quite upset as well, especially when you'd hope warranty would pull through and it doesn't. ....

but I wouldn't get a GWC either. Hope it works out lads!

with the legendary 2.4 mitsubishi sigma motor lol.... those thing start smoking after about 50k.. i wouldn't consider the petrol... maybe the new diesel donk will be another story

Not new lights. Same headlights as a D22 Navara.

I'm pretty sure the Rodeo didn't come with a Mitsu badged motor either. I'm sure it's been discussed here before the GWC is a bits and pieces mix of all things other manufacturers have allowed them to have. It's still a bad choice over a D22 although I guess if I was having the problems some others seem to be having maybe I'd even consider the GWC after all you can't choose the Triton :sarcastic:

Maybe what we all need here is a list of decent dealers that actually give a crap about the customer instead of these pricks that just palm everything off. I understand that some problems aren't a result of a dealer but any dealer worth his salt that helps no matter what the issue might help others decide which dealers to approach with their claims, after all there is no reason why we all need to return to our purchase place if they treat us like crap.

I'm pretty sure the Rodeo didn't come with a Mitsu badged motor either. I'm sure it's been discussed here before the GWC is a bits and pieces mix of all things other manufacturers have allowed them to have. It's still a bad choice over a D22 although I guess if I was having the problems some others seem to be having maybe I'd even consider the GWC after all you can't choose the Triton :sarcastic:

Maybe what we all need here is a list of decent dealers that actually give a crap about the customer instead of these pricks that just palm everything off. I understand that some problems aren't a result of a dealer but any dealer worth his salt that helps no matter what the issue might help others decide which dealers to approach with their claims, after all there is no reason why we all need to return to our purchase place if they treat us like crap.

Personally I think the GWC company is still in Lego stage, building cars from left-overs from other companies. I'm not driving bubble and squeak.

As for dealers - I think the notion flows both ways too. If I walk into my dealer and mouth off and give them nothing but shit they're going to react badly as well, that's just human nature. I was standing in the service area when the service manager was trying to calm a guy on the phone who had diagnosed the car problem himself and was absolutely certain that a particular component was in need of replacement and wanted the service manager to order the new part so that the car only had to have one visit as the guy lived a fair distance away.

While you might consider that reasonable, you have to consider that the dealer needs to be certain that they're actually ordering the correct part and that the repair is going to be compensated by Nissan. They really do have to inspect it properly, determine exactly which component is faulty and then go through the ordering process.

I understood both sides of the argument, but in order for everyone to come out of it happy there needs to be a bit of flexibility on both sides. I'm not saying that people here are unreasonable, because I know there are dealers out there that belong in second-hand car yards, but there's a lot to be gained by following the old adage of using honey, rather than vinegar.

I doubt I'd choose a GW either but there was an interesting comparison of an older model D22 and and GW in 4WD action recently. Of course they said the D22 was better and that is too be expected but I was actually suprised just how they rated they GW. Really I wouldn't have expected much from GW with their first attempt at hitting the Aussie market anyway, there hasn't been many manufacturers who imported into Aus for the first time and get everything right.

Anyone who deals with customers even on a semi regular basis understands that some customers will always be a handful, I have several ex-customers who I'll never deal with again no matter how much money they want to spend, car dealers are no different they get hot heads as well. For me though whether I've lost my cool and threatened to kill the sales droid or whether I've stayed cool and pretended he was my best friend isn't the problem.

The problem is the lies (eg just when the new car will arrive), the inability to keep me informed as to what was going on and the blatant ignorance of the vehicles they are selling, (eg telling me an ambient temp sensor for a Pathy wont fit a Nav then telling me the Nav one wont work either despite Nissan actually having one on the books).

It's obvious that some people out there didn't have issues with their dealers but it's also obvious that some people did so since there has to be some good ones out there my brief thought (and it was brief) was that maybe there are some of those people out there with good dealers who'd like to share them so we don't all have to put up with the incompetent ones. Sure I'm not traveling to Newcastle to get my Nav looked at but someone must have found a dealer worth dealing with in Melb.

Point is though its a new F@#$ing car and I shouldn't have to deal with them again until such time as I wish to purchase another!
Hot head? Not yet but will be if I don't get a result by the end of the week.
I have a car with more rattles and squeaks from the interior than a HQ wagon, I have replaced the original shock absorbers because I was finding screws and trim fasteners in the foot wells. The rear bumper has vibrated it self loose - Thats six bolts with nyloc's! I have a passenger door that doesn't close properly because of poor manufacturing and the captive nuts have been welded in 2-3mm from where they should be. The F!@#ing thing doesn't even drive in a straight line after 2 visits to 2 seperate workshops that assure me that it is within the specifications "But your right it drives like shit!"

The problem is the lies (eg just when the new car will arrive), the inability to keep me informed as to what was going on and the blatant ignorance of the vehicles they are selling,
Amen

Had a 20k service done by Dandenong Nissan yesterday.
Big thumbs up to Mike the service manager.
Not only did they do the service but also.
1. Disassembled the glove box and dash to adjust the heater so that it would turn off completely
2. Removed and modified the door trims to make them fit properly and stop them from rubbing and squeaking incessantly.
3 Replaced the steering idler arm and bushes which where flogged out after only 20k km hence causing the vehicle to wander all over the road, swapped the tyres from front to rear and adjusted the steering box. Now it is almost perfect but will have to be aligned again now that everything is tight fitting.
4. Adjusted the passenger door to stop it rattling - I pointed out that the captive nuts holding the striker in place are welded 2-3mm out from where they ought to be and so they have taken pictures and submitted them to Nissan for evaluation. Now the passenger door sits out of line with the pillar and panels but at least for now it shuts properly and doesn't annoy the crap out of me.

Everything but the service was completed under warranty and was done for $290.
Cant say that the dealership didn't try - lets see what Nissan Australia have to say about my door though.

Latest posts

Back