D22 in CQ

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gytr_r1

Reaction score
Hi All, I figured I'd introduce myself... I live and work in Central Qld, and bought a company white MY2012 last year as a daily hack. The drive to work is via a highway with quite a bit of wildlife on it, so I figured it's better to have a vehicle with a bullbar... From new, it's had the Nissan steel bullbar and bash pates, a set of HID spotlights and a headlight HID conversion (as I used to drive 7 hours to get to site for my roster) which have easily been the best things so far. It has a tub liner, and the D40 style tonneau cover, and honestly, has already paid for itself as far as I am concerned.

I can attest to the value of the Nissan bullbar, after hitting a bloody big 'roo with it, big enough to crumple the number plate with its tail, and scratch the passenger side flair with its teeth, bleeding off about 30kmh instantly. All that happened was the bullbar needed to be realigned, and the indicator/park light smashing. The antenna mount stopped about 2mm shy of the bonnet thankfully and didn't quite touch. After resetting the 'bar, all was fine. I do recommend resetting to the factory torque settings for the bar though, as it's designed to slip in an impact, rather than bend.

We were tossing up various dual cabs, however ended up with the D22 as my wife worked as a service advisor for a Nissan dealership for a number of years and the issues with the D40 fuel rails never went away for very long, plus we use Hilux's at work, and honestly, there isn't $20k+ difference between the cars.

The only complaint I have with it is the suspension, but I'll pose that and other questions in the D22 forum.

Great forum guys, full of useful info...

Latest posts

Back