Chip it saying "Hi" to D40 Accessories Forum

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip Tuning

Reaction score
Hi forum members, mods and admins of this part of the site. :shakehands:

Found this site though google searching DPF mods to the D40 since we have found it made a huge difference to the performance of these vehicles.

Didn't find too much so thought to join us and let folks know what we have been getting up to. :moil:

Hope we can be of some help to the forum re diesel performance solutions. :3gears:

Cheers

hey mr chip it,you shouldnt advertise illegal modifications on your web site like this

HERE’S WHAT OUR TUNER HAD TO SAY IN HIS TUNING REPORT.

RE D40:

We got great results & some very interesting tuning. Well to start, standard at the wheels 238ft/lb & 126HP, with the max tune it would allow us (with the Diesel Particulate Filter {DPF} intact [lol] without throwing a high catalyst temp code) was 280ft/lb & 140HP. Over this power level/tune & it gave this error.

Well then we had a play around. ;) I removed the DPF from the vehicle & gutted the it … (its just like a Cat full of ceramic biscuit type material). It appeared very restrictive to say the least. Then we bolted the gutted out DPF back

Chip it,

Just looked at your website and have a question.

The D40 2.5 intercooled turbo diesel in the Nissan specs has a power rating of 126Kw.
Your dyno tests say 126Hp, Is this a misprint?

in any state you cannot remove it,came as knocking the guts out of a cat.and advertising the fact you do it and basicly recommend people do it isnt very bright.

They said they gutted the DPF not the Cat. My truck doesn't have a DPF so I doubt it illegal to remove.

My manual transmission D40 doesn't have a DPF either. No info provided on their site about manual transmission D40's either.

I have to say too....not a huge fan about slagging off competitors products. Their choice of course, but woudn't be the way I would go about doing business.

That, and by publicly suggesting illegal modifications says too many bad things about the ethics involved. I won't be doing business with them and initially I thought it might be a cost effective way to get into a chip.

hey mr chip it,you shouldnt advertise illegal modifications on your web site like this

If it offends you, you dont have to visit! ;)

Besides ... you can do whatever you like to your own vehicle. We are not saying it is legal but in fact "is for race use only"

... plus we are not telling you to do it ... just that WE DID IT!

Last edited:
They said they gutted the DPF not the Cat. My truck doesn't have a DPF so I doubt it illegal to remove.

Who said its illegal to remove something you have'nt got????

If you dont have a dpf, dont worry.

Its if you have one and or a cat, and its gutted/removed that causes the problems.

My manual transmission D40 doesn't have a DPF either. No info provided on their site about manual transmission D40's either.

I have to say too....not a huge fan about slagging off competitors products. Their choice of course, but woudn't be the way I would go about doing business.

That, and by publicly suggesting illegal modifications says too many bad things about the ethics involved. I won't be doing business with them and initially I thought it might be a cost effective way to get into a chip.

Hi Anthony

Thanks for your feedback.

This market is VERY VERY competitive and we cop the rubbish from all of the others ... we are just giving some of it back.

Our product speak for itself ... more power, more features, and all for around half the price.

Your manual will get about the same power as the car we did with the DPF removed ... basically we acheived this power by bringing the auto to the same spec as the manual version.

We have done heaps of D40 both manual and atuo and not one customer has complained.

We even have a 30 day money back guarantee so that people can see if what we advertise is REALLY WHAT WE PROVIDE.

This shows a good amount of morals and allows customers to feel at ease concerning their hard earned money and the purchase they made.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chip it,

The D40 2.5 intercooled turbo diesel in the Nissan specs has a power rating of 126Kw.

Hi Downsized

the figures we quote are at the tyres. Manufacturers quote HP at the flywheel

Cheers

I don't get the critisism of the guy's site to be honest.

I don't believe anyone were mislead though were they? Lots and lots of products advertised all over the internet and print media are not 100% legal, I would rather they were advertised and we can make our own decisions on whether or not we use them.

Pleanty of tree huggers slagging illegal mods here!

Its a forum to share info, not to bag people for illegals.

This removing dpf + cat mod was a ++ for me, Sensational upgrade for me. Heaps more power.

Pleanty of tree huggers slagging illegal mods here!

Its a forum to share info, not to bag people for illegals.

This removing dpf + cat mod was a ++ for me, Sensational upgrade for me. Heaps more power.

And who are you to pass judgment on people you have no clue about.

Its also a forum for discussion, which going by YOUR slagging session of members here your throwing stones too.

Call me what u like, i can only hope your ride gets taken off the road for your inconsiderate and illegal behavior.

Good day to you sir:eviltongue:

And who are you to pass judgment on people you have no clue about.

Its also a forum for discussion, which going by YOUR slagging session of members here your throwing stones too.

Call me what u like, i can only hope your ride gets taken off the road for your inconsiderate and illegal behavior.

Good day to you sir:eviltongue:

Officer krankin, We got a good clue from the comments you made. We all know its illegal, and what people do to there own cars is there business.

Take my tree hugging / greeny gag how ya like, but it wasnt aimed at you :stupid:

would be a Sad lonely world if we all couldnt take a joke.

Last edited:
Since your quick to call me stupid, here's a lesson for you.

what people do to there own cars is there business.

Unfortunately your wrong there,
(especially with illegal mods) as your not the only one living in the world and what you do can and does effect everyone else, and
unfortunately we have to live with one another, hence rules and regulations.
I can hear you say fuck rules & regs, ok, but the more and more you do this the more and more the laws make it harder for everyone else.
Its simple, not rocket science.
If you cant understand this, well,. whatever.

Chip it,

I think there may be some confusion in that the dyno sheet has STD power 126Hp,
and std factory power for that engine is 126Kw.

Latest posts

Back